“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I enjoyed the film, but Lupita carries this entire film on her shoulders. She will get an Oscar nomination easily, but I personally think that get out was a better directed film. This is a good second film, but it’s not better than his first
That's disappointing. Guess I don't feel bad about not being able to see it this weekend. Had feeling the hype was a little manufactured however I can't just take a random coli users word for it. Can I?

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
Nah .. he wasn’t ..

Put u in front of u ..u will eventually see the mime effect

He picked up on it be4 everybody else .. lil boy was the only one calm

[/spolier]

(
Yeah. I didn't take it as him being tethered at all just off. The little girls outright saying it was one thing, but when they were locked in the closet together he quickly saw his tether would follow his movements when he tested it with their hands and taking each other's masks off. So he used the same trick to get him to walk backward into the fire. Didn't see it as anything honestly, the thought of him being one and seeing that all over on here is tripping me out because I didn't get that at all.

Daniel.

Daps
BTW did anyone elses theater show a trailer for Ma with Octavia Spencer?

I don't keep up on movies like that so I don't know if it's well known but Jesus Christ BlumHouse stays coming through with some out of the box type shyt. I never thought I'd see a Black Woman as the villain of a horror movie and she looks CREEPY AS fukk in it.

Thank you Jordan Peele for showing these CACs a new way. :blessed:

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
(
Yeah. I didn't take it as him being tethered at all just off. The little girls outright saying it was one thing, but when they were locked in the closet together he quickly saw his tether would follow his movements when he tested it with their hands and taking each other's masks off. So he used the same trick to get him to walk backward into the fire. Didn't see it as anything honestly, the thought of him being one and seeing that all over on here is tripping me out because I didn't get that at all.

That was my interpretation of that scene as well. It's not that the son is tethered, he just used that earlier experience in the closet to his advantage. He also picked up on his mom being the shadow because he saw the way she acted when she killed the twin in the house and then he had his suspicions confirmed when he undoubtedly heard her acting like a tethered again after she killed the original.

Hagendas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You shut up, you scary ass clutching your pearls in the movie theater ass nikka. If a movie scares you as a grown man, bring your boyfriend next time so you can have someone to hold you in his arms whenever something “scary” happens. Matter of fact, bend over so you won’t see the “scary” parts, suck his dyck, and swallow. Won’t even have to waste money on refreshments. You’re a whole bytch. :wrist:

Who the fukk are you anyway, fakkit, and what made your bytch ass think you could address me period, let alone tell me to shut up? You shouldn’t be afraid of some fictional entertainment on the big screen, you should be afraid of thinking your bytch ass is anonymous on this forum and making the mistake of getting yourself involved in a real life horror. :demonic:

Vulgar :picard:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw it last night. Answer me this
did Red kill the original Adelaide at the end? During that whole transaction of Red stabbing her and then breaking her neck with the cuffs, that shyt was weird and I feel like the original Adelaide soul hopped in her body

I kind of wish that would of happened. Or left it a bit more ambiguous and left for interpretation. But they did show the body swapping when they were children so the original Adelaide IS RED the whole time and the heroine was actually a Tether

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
I kind of wish that would of happened. Or left it a bit more ambiguous and left for interpretation. But they did show the body swapping when they were children so the original Adelaide IS RED the whole time and the heroine was actually a Tether
so you think the original adeloide is officially dead? You think red killed her and completed her end goal?

Daniel.

Daps
That was my interpretation of that scene as well. It's not that the son is tethered, he just used that earlier experience in the closet to his advantage. He also picked up on his mom being the shadow because he saw the way she acted when she killed the twin in the house and then he had his suspicions confirmed when he undoubtedly heard her acting like a tethered again after she killed the original.

Yes! That weird ticking thing she did with her mouth after killing the original. It was so subtle and not subtle at the same time when I saw it I just thought of it as relief for the character but that it was some weird shyt. Almost like it slipped out like a tick and she had to gather herself before looking around for her son. You're absolutely right about that.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
(

It was very much implied before that from the way he talked as if he was trying to adapt to speaking English to him pissed at the white girls messing up his tunnel at the beach. At the end, the boy KNEW that his mom was a Tether and it was game recognizing game.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so you think the original adeloide is officially dead? You think red killed her and completed her end goal?

Yes. The Original Adelaide is definitely dead. Red assimilated into the mainland and it was suggested she blocked out her childhood in order to fully adapt. It was the original Adelaide while trapped in the tunnels that lead the revolution of the Tethers to rise out from the tunnels and that goal was successful, despite her personal vendetta failed.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
This is exactly why I quoted @NobodyReally 's Chris Stuckman review with the Screen Junkies review.

Because they made the case its very similar to Unbreakable being the follow up to Sixth Sense. Its just different. Needs time to unpack, accept, etc. (Remember Unbreakable was VERY mixed when it first dropped. A lot of people saying "its no Sixth Sense"

I get where you are going

And Unbreakable was a heck of a film too

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.