“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Small thing that bothered me is
Red could have been killed Adelaide. I know she said she wanted to take her time, but even in the final scene when she was juking her with her dance moves, she could have ended her. It made the whole tethered family look weak that the original family straight up was schooling them the whole movie. :mjlol: I didn't even realize Abraham was dead until the final 30 mins when Gabe mentioned it and I was like "oh shyt, Abe legit died in the lake?" I figured Abe was going to come back on some Jason shyt lol. The tethere'd family was weak. All the other doppleganger families put in work on their originals, Red and her family was BS'ing too much.

And a question...
So who was the white guy crossed out at the boardwalk? Was that the Jeremiah guy?
Facts. That's why I never felt real tension in the movie. The main family was too villain monologuey. The white families duplicates went to work immediately. The man family was bullshytting. They were too busy trying to make them look creepy instead of genuinely threatening. After a minute the boys duplicate just seemed stupid to me, crawling around and making weird noises, not doing shyt :beli:

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Just imagining how Red's life really was in perspective:
Left behind alone in a strange area with nothing but zombie-like beings, forced to eat raw rabbits to survive, getting raped by a strange man and forced to have children by him, all that pain and suffering.
this is what I told @dora_da_destroyer earlier. This shyt made Red insane.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
*tell your daughter stay close

*daughter casually mosies off into the abyss

:beli:

shyt was ok. Muthafukkas was entertained.
That is all.

When doppleganger Lupita started to speak whole theater busted out laughing!!
:russ:

Shout out to Jordan Peele for going to MARVEL Studios 101 for using wisecracks in times of despair.

:marveljamal:

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
And a question...
So who was the white guy crossed out at the boardwalk? Was that the Jeremiah guy?

The Jeremiah guys tether. The original was dead and passed out and stretchered into the ambulance when they got to the beach earlier in the movie. That's why he had fresh blood on his hands when Jason saw him. He just killed the original. Looks like he set everything in motion.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
nikkas in here ripping it apart, maybe we shouldn’t have crowned him :mjcry:
He can wear the crown. Jordan Peele just has the same problem that Nas had when his second album came out. People were expecting another Illmatic/Get Out. This ain't that.
On it's own merit, Us is a very good movie (solid A-/B+). Comparing it to Get Out will make it seem like it's not as good as it actually is.

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wouldn't be surprised if I don't like this movie for one simple reason....I NEVER end up liking the horror movies critics fawn over. Idk what it is but to me there's a huge disconnect with professional critics on horror movies

Gee Mello

Pro
Daps
Small thing that bothered me is
Red could have been killed Adelaide. I know she said she wanted to take her time, but even in the final scene when she was juking her with her dance moves, she could have ended her. It made the whole tethered family look weak that the original family straight up was schooling them the whole movie. :mjlol: I didn't even realize Abraham was dead until the final 30 mins when Gabe mentioned it and I was like "oh shyt, Abe legit died in the lake?" I figured Abe was going to come back on some Jason shyt lol. The tethere'd family was weak. All the other doppleganger families put in work on their originals, Red and her family was BS'ing too much.

And a question...

I'm thinking since Red was the leader or 'God' of the tethered, her meeting with the family they shadowed held too much purpose and substance to just outright kill unlike the others. One shouldn't approach these movies with too much logic, then again who's to say the other 100 thousand some odd Americans didn't have a word or two with their hosts before the murder.

Jorvan

All Star
Daps
This movie was a 7.5 movie for me. It's exactly what I expected it to be from the trailers. Just alright :yeshrug:

I think I would have enjoyed the movie more though, if they devoted more one on one time between Red and Adelaide. Those were the best parts of the movie IMO. I also liked the flashback scenes.