“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
That's disappointing. Guess I don't feel bad about not being able to see it this weekend. Had feeling the hype was a little manufactured however I can't just take a random coli users word for it. Can I?
Yes, I still think you should watch it. It’s a good film, I just think that it’s a very difficult job to create something on the level of, or better than Get Out on your second attempt. Like I said, the acting was great, so at least watch it for that.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
People are mistaking "not as good as Get Out" for not good. How many movies are not as good as Get Out and still considered "classic"? I'm not worried about this shyt being wack. It doesn't even gotta be classic. It's going to be a dope movie for sure. And I'd still say Peele is 2/2. I know I haven't seen it yet and who knows if I'll even like it, but I know its not going to be a bad film.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Just got back from seeing it. I liked it but it wasn't as good as get out for me. Small stuff bothered me on this one
like I figured out the twist when the family first showed up. I was like why this bytch so mad at her? Then I was like oooooh she feel robbed and must of gotten body snatched.

Did they have that table bolted down or something in the house? Cause she wasn't able to move for shyt while hand cuffed lol

Too many points in the movie where the family had one of the normal ones dead to rights but they backed off. The CAC family went in and got busy immediately but took they time with the black family and even kept the mama hostage

What was the point of them holding hands in a line?

I know it was a government program or something but how did no one terminate all them clones and just let them run free?

I think the most accurate quote of the movie is when the dad said, " what kind of fukk up pretentious art house shyt is this" or something like that. And I was like ,"exactly"

7/10
I think underground who stole her life Adelaide didn’t want to kill the underground people because that’s where she is from. Supposed to be above ground but trapped Red felt the same for the family above ground.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just imagining how Red's life really was in perspective:
Left behind alone in a strange area with nothing but zombie-like beings, forced to eat raw rabbits to survive, getting raped by a strange man and forced to have children by him, all that pain and suffering.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I didn't see Jason's behavior as him switching places with his double but more of him peeping who his mom really is or at least what she is capable of and how she seems to enjoy it. Remember he saw her kill Red and one of the twins and in both of those situations she seemed to be relishing the kills.
Exactly how I saw it

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Some funny and interesting Tweets on the movie that are making me :ohhh::leon::heh:

This one of the tweets that will get annoying and make you go :comeon:.

One, she's giving away too much, even if not blatant, about the movie. shyt hasn't even been out a day yet. Let people see it before talking about the "Jeremiah 11:11" symbolism. Two, this is going to be the new norm with Peele movies. People seeing it and getting on they soapboxes like "You see! This movie here tells us that we as a society need to do better at..."

Like :beli:yeah yeah yeah nikka, just say it was a good movie and keep it moving.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Small thing that bothered me is
Red could have been killed Adelaide. I know she said she wanted to take her time, but even in the final scene when she was juking her with her dance moves, she could have ended her. It made the whole tethered family look weak that the original family straight up was schooling them the whole movie. :mjlol: I didn't even realize Abraham was dead until the final 30 mins when Gabe mentioned it and I was like "oh shyt, Abe legit died in the lake?" I figured Abe was going to come back on some Jason shyt lol. The tethere'd family was weak. All the other doppleganger families put in work on their originals, Red and her family was BS'ing too much.

And a question...
So who was the white guy crossed out at the boardwalk? Was that the Jeremiah guy?