“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
but that's a quality film though :ld:

anyone expecting this to be on the level of Get Out is doing it wrong. Get Out is one of the most perfectly executed films I've seen since Se7en. You aren't going to duplicate something like that back to back. :manny:
Get out was better when it was called skeleton key..

This movie was dope ..he took a twighlight zone episode n flipped the entire script

Hopefully it’s a sequel ..

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
I think it's obvious that he's tethered too and was switched during one of their summer vacations
Nah .. he wasn’t ..

Put u in front of u ..u will eventually see the mime effect

He picked up on it be4 everybody else .. lil boy was the only one calm

[/spolier]

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This movie was cool....

i knew she was tethered when she knew exactly how to get to the tunnels...and then the rabbit from the beginning scene

The pops was so random with his dialogue that to me it almost made it “unreal” and as if it was only effecting Lupita...

The daughter driving the car was a :snoop: moment for me...

I give it a 7.5/10

What was the Jeremiah 11:11 about... I read it I can’t understand the correlation.

My girl thought it was cool too but we agree get out was better.

LinusCaldwell

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I enjoyed the film, but Lupita carries this entire film on her shoulders. She will get an Oscar nomination easily, but I personally think that get out was a better directed film. This is a good second film, but it’s not better than his first
She carries it so much that it makes the pops look outta place as hell!

The dialogue to me was also pretty strange or lack there of.

Last edited:

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
Nah .. he wasn’t ..

Put u in front of u ..u will eventually see the mime effect

He picked up on it be4 everybody else .. lil boy was the only one calm

[/spolier]

Yeah, I get that

But there were a few things about him that stood out to me

I'm drawing blanks ATM, but one of them was him fukking up his sand castle at the beach in front of the twins

He said he was trying to build the tunnels

Another thing was him casually cursing and saying certain things like "kiss my anus" as if he was still learning social skills

He also couldn't explain his lighter trick that he learned the previous summer

There was the thing about him getting trapped in the closet and his sister was like, "Didn't you do the same thing last year" or something

IDK, but the last scene with him and the mom kind of got me thinking...probably too much :francis:

LinusCaldwell

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Yeah, I get that

But there were a few things about him that stood out to me

I'm drawing blanks ATM, but one of them was him fukking up his sand castle at the beach in front of the twins

He said he was trying to build the tunnels

Another thing was him casually cursing and saying certain things like "kiss my anus" as if he was still learning social skills

He also couldn't explain his lighter trick that he learned the previous summer

There was the thing about him getting trapped in the closet and his sister was like, "Didn't you do the same thing last year" or something

IDK, but the last scene with him and the mom kind of got me thinking...probably too much :francis:
the son never getting the lighter to work or him never doing the magic trick was like :mindblown:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
:francis: I dont trust you nikkas. Yall like be Armond White critica when it comes to shyt sometimes.

d45ffb212867ca28d0e0c2f35ce411ad.png

Armond White is WOAT :dead:

p.s.: I'm actually pretty sure he posts on the coli :lolbron:

"But Kaluuya’s strongest historical associations must come from Peele’s subconscious: The actor’s dark-skin/bright-teeth image inadvertently recalls the old Sambo archetype."

"Jordan (Get Out) Peele's self-hating act eventually made him a wealthy Oscar-winner."

"So far, few Internet fans have seen through Glover’s pageant of destruction and paranoia. Nor have many realized that it represents the worst kind of manipulation — a strangely self-conscious version of a blackface Jim Crow c00n-show"

"Gambino-Glover’s video takes place on a soundstage that resembles the parking-garage setting of Eminem’s 2017 freestyle anti-Trump tirade that was commissioned by Black Entertainment Television. It’s an insular and patronizing location for a blackface performance"

"Editor’s Note: This piece originally incorrectly stated that Trayvon Martin’s father made an appearance at the beginning of the video. In fact, the man in question is an actor. "

Last edited:

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
7\10 for me. which is good. Definitely not a masterpiece, or a 9 for that matter. This movie is similar to Halloween last year. Critics, and social media over hyped, and overrated the movie when it released. Months later them same people don`t mention that movie. Not even a honorable mention in their MOTY list.

I will say this though. I pretty much watch all movies trying to guess the ending. Me and my folk have always done this (especially if one of us saw the movie already and the rest haven`t yet). I think the Saw series is what started us with that. Part 5`s tag line was "you`ll never guess the ending":pachaha:. Anyway, during the opening credits i had about 3 ideas of what could be "A" possible twist. One of those 3 ideas (or guesses) ended up being "THE" main twist. I`m not some genius, trust me, and everyone in this thread who`s say`s you can figure out the twist at the beginning of the movie. it`s actually so cliché' we may as well not even call it a twist.

I`m going to read all the theories. Soundtrack is :fire:.

Last edited:

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought it’s was straight, not really scary and funnier than expected.

Since I ain’t have my analytical glasses on, prolly missed a lot of shyt.

Oh and your dap brought some “good will” and stopped me from making a great troll post regarding something else.:lolbron:

I mean it was a joke and just fun innocent humor, but I’m gonna save it for another time :mjlol:

:salute:

Martha
I’m seeing it saturday again so hopefully I pick up more stuff