“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Nah this wasnt it at all. How anyone can watch this and call it a masterpiece is wild. Wasnt scary. Had pretty massive plotholes imo.
And the twist couldnt have been more obvious

Not gonna lie I'm extremely disappointed. And this was me just a week ago:snoop:
Peele giving people ORIGINAL content in an age where original content is severely lacking. I'm more than here for it.

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
It was.... :lebronok:. That movie wasn't as I expected.
I really was expecting this movie to be on some :chappelle1::obamaaa:and :whoo:.
But, kinda felt meh. Some shyt I couldn't understand at all in the movie. Like,
where the fukk did all these people come from? How the original was able to to organize so many people to kill their copy and hold hands after? Was dad's copy really yelling out at someone and they understood what they're saying for real? Was there that many tunnels and subway routes not being used? That ending left me on some :dahell:. It felt very weird, confusing, and not resolved to where there no answer for these questions. I always had the hint in my mind that she wasn't the original, but either I missed some details that showed she really was the copy or the beginning of the movie didn't show anything.
Besides all that, the actors killed it, the music definitely filled the atmosphere in the movie. The lighting was amazing for such dark scenes, the fighting had me on edge, pacing was good. Just the story is holding it back a bit, but I'm already going to see it again soon with some other people so hopefully the second seeing will fill some gaps for me.
It definitely feel like a second Peele movie, you can just tell, but just not on that Get Out level.:lebronok:

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I did't like the movie. It wasn't out right boring, but on a very basic level I can't go far enough to say I was entertained by it either.

It seemed like the camera would stick on certain characters forever.

the ending...
twist for the sake of a twist:francis:

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't get grown people talking about a movie wasn't scary.

I haven't been scared watching a movie since I was a child. No movie is scary to me.

Now some movies are intense and I think saying this movie wasn't intense is arguing in bad faith.

But I don't jump in my seat at theaters or shield my eyes because something is scary. What grown people (especially men) are expecting to be legitimately scared by fictional movies?

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Nigggaa ain’t going to like this :lolbron:

7/10

nikkas that like to think 8/10

but that's a quality film though :ld:

anyone expecting this to be on the level of Get Out is doing it wrong. Get Out is one of the most perfectly executed films I've seen since Se7en. You aren't going to duplicate something like that back to back. :manny:

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't get grown people talking about a movie wasn't scary.

I haven't been scared watching a movie since I was a child. No movie is scary to me.

Now some movies are intense and I think saying this movie wasn't intense is arguing in bad faith.

But I don't jump in my seat at theaters or shield my eyes because something is scary. What grown people are expecting to be legitimately scared by fictional movies?

I agree.

Certain scenes made me tense and uncomfortable but not legit scared.