“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Seems to be a divisive reaction on twitter and even here.

Looks like I'm going to love it :mjlit:
I feel like people “hating” it are the ones who took part in overhyping it and discussing it ad nauseum, making up theories, explanations and shyt off one trailer. Like of course it’s not going to live up to the story you already made up in your mind about it. No, it’s not as good as get out, but get out, IMO, was 10/10, 9 if being stingy. This is still an 8-8.5/10 movie which is damn good.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I thought it was pretty good :jbhmm:
I saw the twist coming the second they did the jump cut after the Adelaide saw her shadow. Still makes me think about how her kids were super good at killing the tethered shadows are they half tethered? The little boy did control his shadow into walking into the burning car right :ohhh:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
nikkas really dropping open spoilers in here smh

Completely disregarding the actual spoiler thread.:wow:

But you can fix it:mjgrin:

You should
giphy.gif

Then maybe drop a line to the people’s:mjlit:

Martha

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I feel like people “hating” it are the ones who took part in overhyping it and discussing it ad nauseum, making up theories, explanations and shyt off one trailer. Like of course it’s not going to live up to the story you already made up in your mind about it. No, it’s not as good as get out, but get out, IMO, was 10/10, 9 if being stingy. This is still an 8-8.5/10 movie which is damn good.
I see.

And its also possible this film could have a replay value that elevates it from its original score :manny:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought it was pretty good :jbhmm:
I saw the twist coming the second they did the jump cut after the Adelaide saw her shadow. Still makes me think about how her kids were super good at killing the tethered shadows are they half tethered? The little boy did control his shadow into walking into the burning car right :ohhh:

I'm not sure and halfway certain the daughter is not a Tethered, but it is CLEAR the son was one the entire time. I initially presumed it happened at the beach when he momentarily disappeared and the boy accidentally met up with an unknown Tethered, but even before that, they were questioning how come his vocabulary was so unique and was pissed at the white girls messing up his TUNNEL he was making in the sand while at the beach. It's why he KNEW who she was at end of the movie and how he knew to remote control his other-self.