full
2883e9b779f3af80735eefbe514be555.png

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
I think I might be on board the "car scene is at the end of the movie/that's the doppelgänger Lupita" train...

<overanalyze>
The offbeat snapping to the song could indicate that something is off/out of touch about Lupita's character (as someone mentioned earlier, she even seemed to not recognize the song initially, and the daughter is the one that mentioned the song is about drugs; she seemed more cognizant of the song than Lupita). But the scene when she tells her daughter to put on her shoes seems like a very "normal Black parent" thing to do, if that makes sense (in the vein of Cedric's "If we - Black people - see someone running, we're not asking questions, we're running and asking questions later"). This could be real Lupita, before the events of the movie and the ending scene in the car with doppelgänger Lupita.

What if M'Baku and the daughter are real and Lupita/the son are the doppelgängers?

I don't know, I'm just spitballing, and all of this is probably 100% wrong :russ:
</overanalyze>

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I think I might be on board the "car scene is at the end of the movie/that's the doppelgänger Lupita" train...

<overanalyze>
The offbeat snapping to the song could indicate that something is off/out of touch about Lupita's character (as someone mentioned earlier, she even seemed to not recognize the song initially, and the daughter is the one that mentioned the song is about drugs; she seemed more cognizant of the song than Lupita). But the scene when she tells her daughter to put on her shoes seems like a very "normal Black parent" thing to do, if that makes sense (in the vein of Cedric's "If we - Black people - see someone running, we're not asking questions, we're running and asking questions later"). This could be real Lupita, before the events of the movie and the ending scene in the car with doppelgänger Lupita.

What if M'Baku and the daughter are real and Lupita/the son are the doppelgängers?

I don't know, I'm just spitballing, and all of this is probably 100% wrong :russ:
</overanalyze>

I took the son not knowing to be because of his age (even though both kids weren't alive when the song came out).

calh45

Cal
Daps
It's wild for me to read the levels at which people consume this stuff. I watched this trailer twice, said "Imma see that shyt", thought about him, Barry, and Coogler, then went for a run.

3 hours later, on Christmas morning, there's full blown theories being developed and cats talking about code switching.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
It's wild for me to read the levels at which people consume this stuff. I watched this trailer twice, said "Imma see that shyt", thought about him, Barry, and Coogler, then went for a run.

3 hours later, on Christmas morning, there's full blown theories being developed and cats talking about code switching.
Low key would love a Tales From the Hood remake by them. Obviously different stories than the OG. However, imagine a Coogler, Jenkins and Ava horror.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Low key would love a Tales From the Hood remake by them. Obviously different stories than the OG. However, imagine a Coogler, Jenkins and Ava horror.
Netflix already made a Tales From The Hood sequel. Do Not Watch! I could not get past the first tale from the absurdity alone. Definitely not high quality horror. More along the lines of a Scary Movie parody.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Probably inspired by Dubois’ idea of double consciousness. We will most likely see a flash back of Lupita’s past or childhood. Hence the younger looking girl.
That’s exactly what I came to say. The only thing I noticed is that little girl seems like Lupita as a child so maybe this is some kind of ritual switch that was supposed to happen but didn’t.