“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
:dead: @ people analyzing Lupita's lack of rhythm. I'm pretty sure that it is foreshadowing something too (at the start it seems like she doesn't recognize the song either) but it's hilarious to see folks dissect that shyt.

Also, on second view I noticed the "others" all have scissors as weapons, which I'm sure means something too.
It means you need a haircut breh :troll:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
TimelyCommonLamb-size_restricted.gif

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I think the "I Got Five On It" opening is the end of the movie too. I also think at the end of the movie, the family is BLENDED. With the Doppleangers and the real family. Notice how the daughter looked at Lupita when she was off beat. It looked like she noticed as well.
/overthink

but if lupita is fake and the daughter is real, one would assume the dad is real cause he talkin bout how its a classic, but there was something wrong with the boy dopplegangers mouth if you look at the trailer close (edit: at 2:10)

so he should be real too so would they really make the blend only be 1 fake and 3 real :jbhmm:

Rq7GML4.gif

/overthink

Last edited:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
i bet Lupita's off rhythm snapping is intentional.... watch the "normal" family actually be the problematic family
Could this be an even deeper metaphor meaning that the "tradionally black" family and experience are the "villains" of society as a whole?:brilliantshawty:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I stared at that trailer like, "I'm not gonna ruin it for myself. Wanna watch this movie completely fresh like I did with Black Panther."

Then my dumb ass couldn't help itself and clicked on the trailer anyway. :damn:

Even worse I read the thread. Her off-rhythm snapping bugged the hell out of me but I did NOT make that guess that ya'all did, I thought it was just about her having grown up in a White hood...If all y'all just ruined that plot twist for me with her already being the doppelganger or something than you're gonna have to pay. :demonic:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Probably already been said here

As a trailer and piece of filmmaking it looks fire, and it might be even better than Get Out

I do wonder how people will percieve the allegory of the film (Our Own Worst enemy, "Us" "Put on your shoes") I've already seen a few thinkpiece like responses on twitter. Maybe its not that but then again Jordan will go with a rather controversial and uncomfortable take to get people talking (Get Out really does critiize the liberal whites and I dont think people who praise it still get that ). Hopefully that conversation doesnt drown out what the movie presents

But on a filmmaking and storyline level, this is fire. Especially how he flipped I got 5 on it, and all the suspensful beats here. I think the acting looks fine not sure what others are saying

Either way this is a first day watch