“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Yo... This looks classic.

It's clearly a story about us being our worst enemy.

Ya'll aint peep how Lupita was snapping off beat?... This is probably a black family, that we'd consider c00ns or something like that...Like...they feel they are better than us?

:lupe::lupe::lupe:

yes we all saw her snapping of beat and it did see like it was purposely making her look extra out of rhythm (not sure about c00n talk but i know how thecoli gets).

I'm also aware that it could have been bad synching lol

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
That’s exactly what I came to say. The only thing I noticed is that little girl seems like Lupita as a child so maybe this is some kind of ritual switch that was supposed to happen but didn’t.
You are on to something there because in the trailer you see who were are assuming is young Lupita walking away from a carnival/amusement park similarly to how we saw the son, Jason walking away from the beach. And thats probably another reason Lupita was so scared that he went missing. I feel like Lupita has somehow repressed the memories of her childhood and will remember them during the course of the movie. You hear her explaining to her family in the trailer.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Netflix already made a Tales From The Hood sequel. Do Not Watch! I could not get past the first tale from the absurdity alone. Definitely not high quality horror. More along the lines of a Scary Movie parody.

shyt was trash. Couldn't believe it was the same person who made the first.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
You are on to something there because in the trailer you see who were are assuming is young Lupita walking away from a carnival/amusement park similarly to how we saw the son, Jason walking away from the beach. And thats probably another reason Lupita was so scared that he went missing. I feel like Lupita has somehow repressed the memories of her childhood and will remember them during the course of the movie. You hear her explaining to her family in the trailer.

Yeah I’m thinking this is a simple twist on the Alice in Wonderland theme and Wonderland comes through the other way.

This isn’t going to be some deeper metaphor for black culture.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
tumblr_pkasvuYpRH1qgfbkmo1_500.gif
She really does look creepy here. :mjpls:

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
I think the plot has something to do with gentrification and black families moving out the hood/projects into white neighborhoods

certain audio bytes and imagery in the trailer made me come to that conclusion

- the one black rabbit in a hallway filled with white rabbits

- the burning car scene in the suburbs with the little boy and the audio overlay that says:
"they know where we are"
and "we need to move and keep moving"

- lupita and ol dude driving in the car and speaking with his job interview voice telling
his kids about how much of a classic "Luniz - I Got 5 On It" is... seems like a contradiction

- Lupita on the beach and her son walks towards a MAN WEARING A HOOD (double meaning)
telling him "don't go over there" (metaphor)

- the scene in the medical lab with the little girl and the black people walking behind her aimlessly.... this makes me think Peele is going to turn the projects/hood into an actual science experiment/project in this movie

there's more but those are the standouts

I know Jordan Peele and nothing that he does is just a coincidence.... all of that ties into the plot

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
My bad if its been mention but does Jason have a mask on his head? If so. Im sure he will put it on like Jason V.