“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

calh45

Cal
Daps
I sweater God I was thinking about that song last night :dead:

It's wild how it works as a horror score.

Breh might have another one on his hands :leon:

Might??

I'm there first night first showing. Who knew the cat from Mad TV was a low key genius this whole time? If this is a hit we got three GIANTS in movies with him, Barry Jenkins, and Coogler able to basically do whatever they want and who are obviously making lanes for the people.

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
I love horror, and you're giving me a Black family as the main protagonists in a horror movie? Sign me up.

Everything about the trailer was creepy... the chopped/screwed Luniz, the dopplegangers (Lupita's was SCURRY scurry), even the fact that the scissors they use seem to reflect that "doppleganger" motif (they don't look like regular scissors to me; they kinda look like 2 faces/heads in profile - almost like a call to the movie poster).

I think it's interesting that the song is "I Got 5 On It" (and that song samples "Why You Treat Me So Bad") but there's only 4 family members... does it relate to the little girl they show throughout the trailer? Is she the 5th? Was she treated "badly" and the events in the movie is a result of what happened to her? I feel like Pepe Silvia right now LOL

Man, I can't wait to see this.

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Someone on twitter said that couldve been a plot point. I think Ill go with that. Ive never met any Black Africans (raised in African culture) who dont understanding rhythm and timing, if youve ever been to any African themed function ever, it seems like an impossibility.

Yeah adds to my theory earlier of this being an out of touch well to do family

Daps
That new furniture is made for big family sitting in:mjlit:

Toddlers and kinds under 10 running through your living room with uncovered cups of red kool aid, Hawaiian Punch or Tihitian Treat:lolbron:

Auntie with a big plate on your couch eating :shaq:

Martha

My chairs are cream colored.
:mjcry:

Code switching to fit in with others hence you're your own worst enemy.

I think it’s going there too. Jordan isn’t going to make something without a DEEP message.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
tumblr_pkasvuYpRH1qgfbkmo1_500.gif

tumblr_pkasvuYpRH1qgfbkmo2_500.gif

SHO-NUFF

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOMETHIN REAL FO YO ASS IN THESE HANDS!!!!
I love horror, and you're giving me a Black family as the main protagonists in a horror movie? Sign me up.

Everything about the trailer was creepy... the chopped/screwed Luniz, the dopplegangers (Lupita's was SCURRY scurry), even the fact that the scissors they use seem to reflect that "doppleganger" motif (they don't look like regular scissors to me; they kinda look like 2 faces/heads in profile - almost like a call to the movie poster).

I think it's interesting that the song is "I Got 5 On It" (and that song samples "Why You Treat Me So Bad") but there's only 4 family members... does it relate to the little girl they show throughout the trailer? Is she the 5th? Was she treated "badly" and the events in the movie is a result of what happened to her? I feel like Pepe Silvia right now LOL

Man, I can't wait to see this.

Trailer straight got me
giphy.gif

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the "I Got Five On It" opening is the end of the movie too. I also think at the end of the movie, the family is BLENDED. With the Doppleangers and the real family. Notice how the daughter looked at Lupita when she was off beat. It looked like she noticed as well.