“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I looked away a few times because 2.5 + min is a long a trailer but I've been watching trailers as a hobby since before YouTube so I cant be unsullied if my life depended on it

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Yo... This looks classic.

It's clearly a story about us being our worst enemy.

Ya'll aint peep how Lupita was snapping off beat?... This is probably a black family, that we'd consider c00ns or something like that...Like...they feel they are better than us?

:lupe::lupe::lupe:
Seems like an African/Haitian family to be honest.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I think the plot has something to do with gentrification and black families moving out the hood/projects into white neighborhoods

certain audio bytes and imagery in the trailer made me come to that conclusion

- the one black rabbit in a hallway filled with white rabbits

- the burning car scene in the suburbs with the little boy and the audio overlay that says:
"they know where we are"
and "we need to move and keep moving"

- lupita and ol dude driving in the car and speaking with his job interview voice telling
his kids about how much of a classic "Luniz - I Got 5 On It" is... seems like a contradiction

- Lupita on the beach and her son walks towards a MAN WEARING A HOOD (double meaning)
telling him "don't go over there" (metaphor)

- the scene in the medical lab with the little girl and the black people walking behind her aimlessly.... this makes me think Peele is going to turn the projects/hood into an actual science experiment/project in this movie

there's more but those are the standouts

I know Jordan Peele and nothing that he does is just a coincidence.... all of that ties into the plot

I got that the movie is about gentrification too. The scenes with the mostly white rabbits and some black rabbits gave it off to me.

That and the son's doppelganger had on a white mask. Also the doppelgangers use scissors and the doppelgangers have more appropriate hair :mjpls:

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
I got that the movie is about gentrification too. The scenes with the mostly white rabbits and some black rabbits gave it off to me.

That and the son's doppelganger had on a white mask. Also the doppelgangers use scissors and the doppelgangers have more appropriate hair :mjpls:
yup that's another thing that stood out to me too

also tying more into my theory... i think the doppelgangers that the family fight throughout the movie are a mixture of their shadow selves and the part of themselves they thought they left behind when they moved out of the hood

read up on Carl Jung and the 'Shadow"
Shadow (psychology) - Wikipedia

i think Jordan Peele's twist is that these are not just figments of their imaginations... he turned them into actual people..which is where those scenes in the medical facility come into play. wild shyt.

Daps
The red family could be the bodies of a family that were stolen in Get Out, and their brains are malfuntioning, and they are fighting what they became after the switch. The white couple could be the original family, or friends that know they made the switch.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I thought about the kid always wearing the mask on his head, and the white woman looked like she was about to cut her face with the scissors. Masks are definitely significant.
Yep and the mask looks orange (unless my phone not bright enough) with funny teeth. Pumpkin, Halloween maybe.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The red family could be the bodies of a family that were stolen in Get Out, and their brains are malfuntioning, and they are fighting what they became after the switch. The white couple could be the original family, or friends that know they made the switch.

Or The Family in Red could have escaped the Sunken place, while the other family are really white people who had the surgery in the 1st Get Out and have been in the new bodies so long they start believing they are "real"
:troll:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And most the horrific thing of all in this trailer is Lupita Nyong'o being revealed to have zero rhythm.

Song might have been added in post and wasn't playing for them hence her snapping wasn't on beat. Who knows?

Im assuming hip hop drug culture is apart of being our own worst enemy? Thats what the Luniz song meant? Since the father wanted to deny the message easnt a big deal. Just listen to the "music"

"It's not about drugs it's a dope song":mjgrin:

Also, on second view I noticed the "others" all have scissors as weapons, which I'm sure means something too.

This stood out to me:
Screenshot-2018-12-25-17-20-10.jpg

Dope shot but he's being kinda friendly with the doppleganger:
Screenshot-2018-12-25-16-59-22.jpg

The name of the yacht:mjlol:

Screenshot-2018-12-25-16-58-35.jpg

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Or The Family in Red could have escaped the Sunken place, while the other family are really white people who had the surgery in the 1st Get Out and have been in the new bodies so long they start believing they are "real"
:troll:
Peele should have the breh "Logan" cameo in all his films. Tie the universe together :wow:
Grty8oY.gif