“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
After reading a lot of the posts, I'm just gonna not even try to discuss it here. Damn, I miss IMDB forums.

I'm just gonna say that some of y'all seem really young, or need to expand your horizons. Read more, and not just non-fiction and self help, but fiction, literature, the books they told you to read in school, that clearly, a lot of you didn't.

One poster really said he needs to make real black movies. WTF. But also, if you go into the movie, ready to dissect it, it's already lost you. This movie is just as much horror/comedy/social commentary as something as They Live. Did you go into They Live ready to dissect it?
This so hilarious to me :unimpressed:

Typical ploy used :unimpressed:

Yall stay telling on yourselves:unimpressed:

I can't tske yall simple dudes serious:mjlol:

Dudes crying over this weak ass shyt like it's a master piece:deadmanny:

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pay attention
source.gif
After finishing the movie I see what you meant

But I was actually talking about the husband's accent:skip:

My fault for not making that clear

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
You might not like the movie. But Jordan Peele be trying to tell us some shyt thru his films.

In Get Out he was telling us about these rich white families using Hypnotic therapy and neuro-linguistic programming to mind control black men and eventually take over their bodies.The film is about social engineering and behavioral modification (e.g. NLP, DHE, NHR)

In US it is also about social engineering and behavioral modification, in relation to developmental psychology and environment. Where we see a clone develop into a real person due to her being socialized and living ABOVE with real humans..thru this the learns to speak, experience love, and emotion etc. She developed into a full fledged human (contrary to the belief the experiment failed).

While the real girl forced to live among the tethered clones digressed because of her socialization during her youth, growing up in the abandoned dysfunctional environment of the tethered.

Also in keeping with the idea of cloning, and social engineering he makes the black family a cheap imitation and tethered of the white family.

They vacation in the same place (though the white family lives on the other side of the island), though the white family house is better, their car is better newer, their boat is better etc. He even makes a point of showing us the black father buying the cheap beat up boat in the name of trying to keep up with the white family.

He wonderfully combined ideas from Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, and the twilight zone esque elements to craft his veiled social commentary.

Last edited:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I don’t care I still say the movie was dope. The movie even had me add The Beach Boys song to my play list and I just :mjlol: at the thought of the scene associated with it. Followed by NWA :dead: i went in literally paying attention to details and was able to catch some things and still wasn’t ready for other things. I think Jordan Peele did a great job and his storytelling is refreshing for the current phase of rehashed bullshyt.

Yes it was a different version of a movie that has been made. Yes there are already movies about doppelgängers and body doubles but the black family did not fall into the horror movie shelf as black people.

And yes, I was proud that the black woman saved the day.... and was
The villain

As far as the father being made out the way he was come on he was just being a dad. Kinda corny but did what he could do to save his family the way he could. Red knew what was going on therefore she was better able to react to save them.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The entire plot of this dumb shyt:dead::mjlol:

This is some 4th grade creative writting:mjlol:

Most horror movies

just horrible writting:pachaha:

Most horror movies have dumb plots. Hell, the plot of The Birds was a chick stalks a dude to his hometown, and birds attack. That's it, and that's about 45 minutes into it.

I just re-watched it, and it definitely went more Twilight Zone in feel with this one. I actually like it more this time. But most people won't.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Personally, I enjoyed it so much cause i was freaked out how much young Red looks like my niece. When my sisters and I took her to see Us, my older sister said :ufdup: it better be you coming out the bathroom stall and not some damn underground body double.

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Most horror movies have dumb plots.
I posted the same shyt:mjtf:

And any movie that does gets panned

Funny how just cause it's a Black dude who made it shyt get excuses:unimpressed:

A movie is a movie
If the shyt wack to me I'mma say so:unimpressed:

Anyone mad can kill themselves :unimpressed:

YaFingerDealMe

All Star
Daps
Most horror movies have dumb plots. Hell, the plot of The Birds was a chick stalks a dude to his hometown, and birds attack. That's it, and that's about 45 minutes into it.

I just re-watched it, and it definitely went more Twilight Zone in feel with this one. I actually like it more this time. But most people won't.
Completely unrelated but can you recommend some fiction to a young breh? & how do you pick out fiction, off reviews?