“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Can we kill this Jason was a tether theory?

He was a weird kid but not tethered. For one, he can fukking talk and had memories from the prior summer.

I feel the younger you are, the easier it is to relate to everyone. You get older, you get stuck in your ways and don't want to relate to others. That's why he understood his tether better than everyone else.

It makes no sense that he burned his face and regressed to being an animal after one year.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can we kill this Jason was a tether theory?

He was a weird kid but not tethered. For one, he can fukking talk and had memories from the prior summer.

I feel the younger you are, the easier it is to relate to everyone. You get older, you get stuck in your ways and don't want to relate to others. That's why he understood his tether better than everyone else.

It makes no sense that he burned his face and regressed to being an animal after one year.

The issue was that it happened this summer but in previous summers. There is clues of this being possible, but I think it supposed to be ambiguous.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The issue was that it happened this summer but in previous summers. There is clues of this being possible, but I think it supposed to be ambiguous.
When would it have happened? The tethered boy grunts and is an animal.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Film was crack. Gave me nightmares tho loool. If my tether came for my ass . I’ll lose lol

Saw the twist coming but it wasn’t concrete enough cause they kept throwing you off but damn. The ending :to: the real one died man

Her voice was SCURRRRYYYYY, fam. And the way she ran :damn:

Lupita deserves nothing less than all the awards for Actress of the year

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saw it..........This movie was fukked...
5ZIi5oC.png

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Martin on Double Toasted...

"We need to give these white actors a chance."
:mjlol:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
shyt just didn't make sense

Like the technical details of supplies and logistics. Reproduction.

That KILLS the movie for me

Do the doubles or whatever exist in your hometown then follow you to the vacation town?

If you take a.plane, do they just walk until they catch up? If you flew there, you'd be back home before the double even made it to the vacation spot

Anyway

I had a little fun with it as a zombie movie but I think this is

Gasp

A

2/5 mics for me

:dead:

But seriously, It's clear, that when the Original dies, the tether doesn't, so if someone dies suddenly, does that mean the tether is free? :patrice:.

I think Peele did this on purpose, as far as not fleshing out the details. He was going for the symbolic nature of "America" or Us (U.S.).

It was meant to be thought provoking and stir discussion.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Fukk what yall talking about, this movie was dope. Me and my lady saw if Friday night. The whole theater was into it.

Lupita looked splendid in this shyt :wow:

The film's score kinda gave me Tales From The Hood vibes.

The daughter clone was creepy af :merchant:
I wish the white family got a lil more screen time, they were comedy :russ: his two daughters was thick af when they were up on the balcony in they pajamas :wow:

Movie felt 10-15 minutes too long. probably should've ended once they escaped the white folks and got back to their vacation spot. it felt like the movie peaked but then there was still like 20 minutes left.

You sound really white bro. You just outted yourself. :ufdup:

Only white boys love some boy shaped girls.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When would it have happened? The tethered boy grunts and is an animal.

If his mouth is burnt... and only his mouth (which is possibly done on purpose like how the original Adelaide was choked out and her voice was all fukked up), then how can he speak... all you can get is grunts. Not to mention, just like the Original Adelaide was made to adapt, so can he.

It is more interesting to note that Pluto was nonviolent whereas Jason finished him off in flames. You also noting how instinctively how Adelaide's reaction to both the death of the doppelgangers of her children as if she was connected with them. But for Jason to be suddenly socially awkward, yet a bit too self-aware of the situation... you can summarize that he's an introvert, but has a quick understanding of what's going on... or he's like how Adelaide was when she was a child, and the similarities of her being socially awkward. How the way he talked and them questioning his the way he phrases can be argued of him trying to understand the English language. Him building a sand tunnel over what is traditional a sandcastle is very suspect. Even him wondering off and seeing the Tethered Jeremiah 11:11 man with blood on his hands and thought nothing about it but drawing a MIRROR IMAGE of himself and that tethered guy is suspect. And several over questionable things with Jason to even recognizing who his mother really is where none of the rest of the family could not is suspect... either he's that astute or he recognizes that she just like him. But again, it is ambiguous... All of what I said could be argued.