Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
giphy.gif

Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait.

There is SO MUCH deeper meaning to this!!!

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Can we kill this Jason was a tether theory?

He was a weird kid but not tethered. For one, he can fukking talk and had memories from the prior summer.

I feel the younger you are, the easier it is to relate to everyone. You get older, you get stuck in your ways and don't want to relate to others. That's why he understood his tether better than everyone else.

It makes no sense that he burned his face and regressed to being an animal after one year.

They still tryna push that dumb theory? :russ:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I think the son was switched due to his clone having the burned face. They mention the fire and I believe that the grandmother died in a fire the year before. I think that the son started that fire doing his magic trick and was burned as a result. I think that’s when the switch took place. If you remember they said they’d been waiting for them to come back. The son spent damn near the entire movie trying to do the trick and couldn’t. At one point the daughter even mentioned how he couldn’t do it anymore. Also the son didn’t really have too many lines in the movie except for some basic shyt. And he kept saying bad words. Which had me thinking maybe he’s still learning how to talk. His clone who was the original him was acting like an animal almost basically becuz he was going crazy from living underground. At the end of the movie him and Lupita gave each other that look like they both knew what time it was

Anyway that’s how I interpreted it. I’m prolly wrong tho
:russ:

You high bro lol

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Looking back this movie was WACK :russ:
Came in to say this.
The movie started slow as hell, got interesting, then they lost me with the ending.
At first I welcomed the theories and found the different interpretations of the events in the movie interesting.
Now I'm basically like....ain't nobody got time for all that. The movie was confusing for the sake of being confusing.
It boils down to sloppy writing once you take the Jordan Peele fanboy glasses off.
Definitely got hit with the sophomore slump. :yeshrug:
I'll say all in all the movie wasn't terrible.
If that last 30 minutes tied up more loose ends I would feel much different about the movie overall.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Came in to say this.
The movie started slow as hell, got interesting, then they lost me with the ending.
At first I welcomed the theories and found the different interpretations of the events in the movie interesting.
Now I'm basically like....ain't nobody got time for all that. The movie was confusing for the sake of being confusing.
It boils down to sloppy writing once you take the Jordan Peele fanboy glasses off.
Definitely got hit with the sophomore slump. :yeshrug:
I'll say all in all the movie wasn't terrible.
If that last 30 minutes tied up more loose ends I would feel much different about the movie overall.

Yeah you know it aint good when there is little talk about peoples favorite part and more talk about theories. And then when it comes to the theories many of em arent even consistent which imo is an issue because it shows you were all over the place and some of the stuff is people trying to make something out of nothing (i.e little boy being swapped), vs you planting actual seeds to a hidden truth.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows

But it is, this was at the start right before the tethered arrived. This was how Jason knew his mother apart from Red at the end. Their connection was really deep cause of the way Jason was born via c-section, was literally cut out of her.

Anyway. :yeshrug:It’s just what I think. I see a lot more people sayin the movie was trash but I fukk with it.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
But it is, this was at the start right before the tethered arrived. This was how Jason knew his mother apart from Red at the end. Their connection was really deep cause of the way Jason was born via c-section, was literally cut out of her.

Anyway. :yeshrug:It’s just what I think. I see a lot more people sayin the movie was trash but I fukk with it.

Couldn't one argue in theory a c section would cause for “less connection” since he was cut out and didnt go through her? Lol

Also i see her saying that to him because he is simply a young child. She wouldn't need to comfort the older sister like that because the older sister is at an age where she can decipher actual
danger from non danger, while a child can have a ton of false alarms that trigger a sense of danger to them.