“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

TV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just got back from seeing this and I recognized big plot twist as soon as I noticed their hairbows were different in the house of mirrors. In the next scene with the tethered girl you could see she was not wearing the same ones during her walk through the carnival with her parents.

The real one, who was kidnapped, lost some of her humanity while she was down there, which led to why her speaking was off. It's also what drove her insane to kill. The movie was basically showing us that we are all the same but there are some of us who grow up in environments that can sometimes have a huge effect on how we live, behave, etc. I'm referring to the projects, trailer parks, etc. Not to mention, a lot of us are forced into those areas by the government and higher authorities because of lack of money, education, and will to do better. We are sometimes looked at like zombies and less than human not only to ourselves but to the people who live in "better environments with better lives". Peele even threw in the symbolism with the rabbits to show mostly white ones, black ones, and some that were black and white.

I'm guessing the government had them eating rabbits because rabbits can reproduce fast, which allows them to keep everyone fed.

TV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I enjoyed the movie but I think Peele should have left out the "foreword" at the start of the film. It takes away some of the mystique in my opinion.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
What's crazy is God gave me two amazing gifts. To be a tremendous Baseball player and to be an IT guru. I stopped doing both as a teen. I didn't believe in Gods path for me although I did believe and have faith, I wanted to do it my own way. I was an idiot looking back at it but it was society that made me change. It wasn't cool no more.

Believe in God's path brehs or make a mistake of a lifetime but God can always bless you. He can always bless you.

Damn breh. I'm over here telling people I'm gonna fight God every time it's too windy outside :mjcry:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Movie started out great and really fell off hard in the second half
I knew the twist within the first 5 minutes of the movie and assumed the entire time they had switched places in the beginning. I mean she was the only one who could talk

Nowhere near as good as Get Out

Gravity

Banned
Daps
We saw this last night and I must applaud Jordan Peele because he’s set up a brilliant hustle. His movies are becoming events that’s an industry in itself. He’s found a way to pander fake woke white liberal crowd, the fake woke Shea butter crowd, the movie nerd crowd, etc. He makes a movie full of abstract bullshyt(which I don’t mean as an insult) then let’s people interpret however they want. Reminds of me of one these “high fine art” paintings. It’s gold. There’s a million videos and articles that have already been made/written claiming to decipher/decode the movie:pachaha: Everybody’s eating.

Out of all the conspiracies, hidden clues, and supposed plot reveals that I’ve seen there’s one thing that I haven’t seen touched on, and that’s how did the Adelaide clone get above ground to pull that ambush switcheroo on the real Adelaide in the first place? To me, the clone Adelaide was the most special one out of them all because at 6-7 years old she not only somehow figured out that she was a clone who had a twin counterpart living above ground, she somehow found her way above ground then orchestrated and executed an ambush bait n switch without people including the other tethers knowing. How did she drag the original little girl’s body(her twin) back underground without being seen?

I’ve only seen it once so maybe those questions were answered and I missed it, but idk.

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
I really wish there was some kind of explanation for how all those people ended up underground in the first place

also how whatever entity put them down there figured out how to copy people

I've seen posts earlier in the thread about brehs having to travel through tunnels thousands of miles if their aboveground counterpart had a child with somebody in a different part of the country, but wouldn't the fact that the underground people are copies kind of make that whole point moot?

but again, I would love to hear the backstory of how all those human beings got down there in the first place

it would be perfect to mine for a prequel

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I am going to merge this thread with the regular movie thread later tonight. The new rule (no open spoilers opening weekend and/or 3 days after the movie is widely available) goes into affect tomorrow.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
WARNING....

I am going to merge this thread with the spoiler thread later tonight. The new rule (no open spoilers opening weekend and/or 3 days after the movie is widely available) goes into affect tomorrow.

Fred.