“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally Just saw this the other day. Really good movie BUT falls a bit flat in the end. I think this is one of those movies that is a bit ruined by the trailers. They should have never shown the clone family at all in them. Walking in somewhat blind would have the experience 10 times better cause there wasn't really anywhere for the story to go after the clone family is introduced besides devolving into a standard slasher flick.

I also think there were some really big plot holes that's hard to ignore but could have easily been explained such as how the clones were maintained and kept alive underground. Perhaps they could have shown that a small cult formed from the original scientist remained and maintained them or something and helped keep them hidden. That could have been used to explain with she couldnt escape after being switched also. I'm all for movies that leave things to interpretation... but you still need to give the audience a direction to go speculate in. This was a bit too open which is why the theories are all over the place.

I'm hoping this was not done in a "Lost" type of way where Peele purposely through a bunch of ambiguous stuff out there to get people talking and there was nothing deeper than that. Cause that's what this movie discussion reminds me of unfortunately.. those Lost discussion forums and theories only to find out the Lost writers just made a bunch of stuff up to keep the show interesting but had no intention of explaining any of it. I wanna give Peele the benefit of the doubt. The movie is polarizing cause it starts and tries to explain a little but falls short of making sense. It would actually been much better not to attempt to give any explanation and just have to the clone family show up and terrorize them for 2 hours without us knowing anything about what or who they are or where they came from.

With that said Lupita is an incredible actress and carried this film. Not a big fan of Dukes acting in this though. The kids acting was hit and miss at times. Solid movie but far from classic and nowhere near the genius of Get Out.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dwillhuh: I'll never understand people like this. You paid all that money, went to it on opening weekend, to fall asleep? :mjlol:

I've been thinking and I think Goodie Mob's "Cell Therapy" would have been a better song choice than I Got 5 On It. It would have been cool to see how they freaked the haunting piano. Along with the "who's that peepin in my window?" lyrics

Cmon bruh. You're conflating two things for no reason. Like I told my fam outside the theater, we suspend our disbelief for Marvel movies because no one is trying to make them out to be deep. It's just fun entertainment. With movies like US, if you're going to analyze every single scene and point out how genius it is, you have to go over the inaccuracies with a fine toothed comb as well. My nikka @GoldenGlove explained it perfectly.

Life comes at you some times.Didn't go for myself.My son was begging me to see it.

Late 11:30 pm showing at a cold, dark drive in..On a Saturday night...after a 60 hr work week?Yeah my azz fell asleep.

Maybe that will help you understand people like that

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
We need to agree unanimously. This is Lupita's best role EVER.

Literally.

She's been underutilized in every single role until this film. Criminal, really.

Makes you appreciate the fact she's classically trained.

Winston Duke was not casted properly for this film, however.
Lupita killed 12 years a slave, and Winston played his role perfectly as far as it was written. That was done intentionally.

Yaddam Yussein

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think the ending woulda been more impactful without the flashback. Not everything has to be explained to the death.
100% Agree
Just saw it and avoided getting it spoiled all week :ehh:

Lupita is incredible. :wow:
This is my favorite movie she’s been in. :wow:

I still refuse to watch 12 Years a Slave tho