wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Basically this is the type of movie where many theories are feasible

There’s no right answer really

Congrats Peele on creating a movie that creates discussion and promotes multiple views

Mission accomplished
He really got the puters ‘putin :wow: we gotta crown him :salute:

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
What I love is Peele films so far are more than a spectacle. They got substance and great character work. A lot of directors simply CANT do that.
Don't hate me everybody this is a personal view. Somebody like Nolan is a spectacle. Somebody like Spielberg at least in his day was spectacle and substance but timeless characters. I know Nolan got Batman and Joker but I mean people still remember Arnold Freeze. That's a built in advantage with Batman.
With Peele dude gets it. He doesn't waste his camera or writing so the shyt he left out is no doubt a smart move. Look how much we're talking about it. Even if you're in here arguing, you got a genuine feeling.
Peele brings so much culture to the screen, he reminds me of Martin Scorsese. Like when Scorcese directs a flick you get that dose of Italian American culture - the food, the music, the people. Its that combination of cultural experience and filmmaking sensitivity. Like you get a heightened sensual ('of the senses') experience compared to other films.

I wouldn't call Us a classic, but Im comfortable saying Get Out is up there with some of the all time greats. If Pulp fiction is one of the greatest movies ever, why not Get Out?

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
That was years later tho... something isn’t adding up to me man :manny:

I feel you man. For me it's somewhat of a plothole because there's still no definitive answer for how the tethered react to the originals above ground. Do they do everything they do or not? Can they move independently?

You kinda just gotta let it go because the more you dive into it the harder you realize it is for Peele to explain.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I think Jordan Peele is playing y’all. He’s just threw some bull shyt fake signs just to trick people to talking out of their ass.

He purposely left a lot of unanswered questions, I need to see more back story before I give an analysis on the story.

At least Peele winds up explaining things. Childish Gambino on the other hand... :sas2:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
People need to stop saying the dad was SUPPOSED to be corny. That's not the issue. The whole SCRIPT was corny. The dialogue was horrendous in every scene. There were so many forced lines trying to get cheap laughs. "I'm gonna drive cause I got the highest kill count":snoop:......this was just badly written all the way around. None of the characters acted in a realistic way. Kids out here crackin jokes when they should be traumatized. I love humor in horror movies but it has to be good humor. And this wasn't it.

I'm glad someone brought this up. At the very beginning of the movie I told my girl that the main character was NOT acting like a black kid. Going off on her own? :beli: THEN, later, the black family did not act like a black family. Splitting up, leaving characters by themselves, etc.

But the dialog should be rightfully criticized. That highest kill count line was cringeworthy. Some of the humor takes you out of the scariness of the scenes.

Supreme365

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC
and the irony in that is they claim its us who overanalyze things...when its them. things are either trash to them or overrated. no inbetween. people don't give things a chance or sit still. when i saw the movie on saturday night at the first half of the movie there was this annoying jamaican woman and her daughter in the back of me just being extra loud in the first parts of the movie when it was more comedy. every sec it was "p*ssy clot" from the mother and the daughter saying "facts" .

Just basically loud as hell looking for attention. towards the end of the movie i realized i had not heard their loud asses in a while and I came to see that they had left :mjlol: Now those will be the same people who will go home and call the movie trash when they didn't even see all of it

fukk the Police coming straight from the...Underground :wow:

I can never understand somebody walking out on a movieive never seen a movie so bad that ill walk out on it especially if I paid 15 dollars for the movie and 40 dollars for popcorn, water and skittles

Coli Hoecomb

Trollin' in my 64'
Daps
Reppin
East Coast All Stars
Something about the son doesn't add up. He spoke English a little too well to have been a "shadow" character. They all grunted and didnt speak English at all. The "shadow" Lupita didnt speak English right away as a kid after the switch. Even the "shadow' Lupita admittedly had trouble speaking English as an adult.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
About lupita's character.
At the beginning of the movie on there way to the old house the luniz's "I got 5 on hit" comes on

Notice the mother is off beat with her snaps, and then tries to get the son the snap with her, but there both "off" beat with no rhythm.

Notice the son was not able to do the magic trick, which according to the his family he use to be able to do really easily but struggled after the fire an grandmother died.

Notice how the mother told her family friend she stopped dancing after 14.

Noticed when the shadow family shows up, the husband was almost immediately permanently damaged once hit with the bat. He became mostly useless after that and had to follow behind he his wife

Notice how lupita's shadow character had rhythm and was very graceful and fluid and on point with her movements

Noticed how the shadow character of the of the kid could do the magic trick with ease.

Both the mother and the son were shadow.

The mother switched when they younger when the original version at the boardwalk.

Abd the son's shadow character switched with him during the fire.

It would explain why she took him. It does not explain why he backed up into the fire.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
I can never understand somebody walking out on a movieive never seen a movie so bad that ill walk out on it especially if I paid 15 dollars for the movie and 40 dollars for popcorn, water and skittles
I think there's 2 reasons to walk out on a movie and I've experienced one of them.

1. I was with my shortie and the movie was kinda wack for the first 30 mins so instead of stayin we decided to go back to the crib and get it in :shaq: perfectly good reason to leave early IMO

2. A movie is confusing to the person and their head start hurting so they leave :francis: like how someone may read a semi advanced book but lack the vocab and reading comprehension to understand it so they throw it down and say "I don't like this book!" :mjlol:

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He really got the puters ‘putin :wow: we gotta crown him :salute:

It's so genius the way he's dropping these types of films in the social media era

He's got the whole internet discussing all the theories and viewpoints

It really gives the film more legs just through the sheer word of mouth

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I read an interesting theory that the same people behind this "tethered" science project also created the technology in "Get Out".

I doubt it'll ever be confirmed but it does kinda make sense. The problem with the creatures in "Us" is, they shared one soul with their above ground counterparts. In "Get Out" they were putting two minds (or, souls) in one body. Meaning they improved on the previous experiment.

If nothing else it's interested to think about. It would be kinda cool if this organization pops up in future Peele projects, though.

Fred.

That would be dope if they tied all into one universe, even if only implied.