“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

The Fire

way more chemical than political
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
No I mean, where did they get hundreds if not thousands of pairs of gold scissors? Or the same number or red jump suits, and leather gloves?

Not that I give a fukk....but I'm saying "where did they get that?" is a more valid question than a lot of other stuff I've seen in this thread.

Fred.
it's a plot hole. but imo the holes don't really take away from the movie

• Dap
Reactions: hex

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Jordan Peele is playing y’all. He’s just throw some bull shyt fake signs just to trick people to talk out of their ass.

He purposely left a lot of unanswered questions, I need to see more back story before I give an analysis on the story.

Pretty much my conclusion after ready this thread and hearing everyone’s contrasting opinions and views.

Either that or he got in over his head with the story and decided to leave more up to the viewers imagination instead of trying to explain everything

So many plot holes and things not adding up but it’s fun to debate about I guess

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
What I love is Peele films so far are more than a spectacle. They got substance and great character work. A lot of directors simply CANT do that.
Don't hate me everybody this is a personal view. Somebody like Nolan is a spectacle. Somebody like Spielberg at least in his day was spectacle and substance but timeless characters. I know Nolan got Batman and Joker but I mean people still remember Arnold Freeze. That's a built in advantage with Batman.
With Peele dude gets it. He doesn't waste his camera or writing so the shyt he left out is no doubt a smart move. Look how much we're talking about it. Even if you're in here arguing, you got a genuine feeling.
facts

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I don't think she forgot. She didn't want to go to the beach.
That's Red (Adelaide) that didn't want to go to the beach. I'm talking about the real Adelaide that we call Red. Did she know she was the real Adelaide? She spoke that the tethered could tell she was somehow different from them (because she was the real one) but it isn't clear if SHE KNEW that she was switched. Red thinks she is a shadow. I'm asking did she know that she really wasn't a shadow?

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's Red (Adelaide) that didn't want to go to the beach. I'm talking about the real Adelaide that we call Red. Did she know she was the real Adelaide? She spoke that the tethered could tell she was somehow different from them (because she was the real one) but it isn't clear if SHE KNEW that she was switched. Red thinks she is a shadow. I'm asking did she know that she really wasn't a shadow?

Yeah she was the only one who could talk. She prob went crazy though

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
What I love is Peele films so far are more than a spectacle. They got substance and great character work. A lot of directors simply CANT do that.
Don't hate me everybody this is a personal view. Somebody like Nolan is a spectacle. Somebody like Spielberg at least in his day was spectacle and substance but timeless characters. I know Nolan got Batman and Joker but I mean people still remember Arnold Freeze. That's a built in advantage with Batman.
With Peele dude gets it. He doesn't waste his camera or writing so the shyt he left out is no doubt a smart move. Look how much we're talking about it. Even if you're in here arguing, you got a genuine feeling.
I guarantee if bro directed a silent film he would get his Jedi Master Yoda on :wow:

calh45

Cal
Daps
Pretty much my conclusion after ready this thread and hearing everyone’s contrasting opinions and views.

Either that or he got in over his head with the story and decided to leave more up to the viewers imagination instead of trying to explain everything

So many plot holes and things not adding up but it’s fun to debate about I guess

I think he put the pot holes on purpose. Weirdly, plot holes are a common thing in horror films. Jason would walk and catch up to people running. Mike Myers has been killed every movie and comes back with no issues and no one asks why. Don't nobody question why families stay in a house after they find out it's haunted. He's probably at the house laughing his ass off at the shyt people are coming up with to explain where the scissors and red jump suits came from. Everything ain't always explained especially in horror films.