“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
About lupita's character.
At the beginning of the movie on there way to the old house the luniz's "I got 5 on hit" comes on

Notice the mother is off beat with her snaps, and then tries to get the son the snap with her, but there both "off" beat with no rhythm.

Notice the son was not able to do the magic trick, which according to the his family he use to be able to do really easily but struggled after the fire an grandmother died.

Notice how the mother told her family friend she stopped dancing after 14.

Noticed when the shadow family shows up, the husband was almost immediately permanently damaged once hit with the bat. He became mostly useless after that and had to follow behind he his wife

Notice how lupita's shadow character had rhythm and was very graceful and fluid and on point with her movements

Noticed how the shadow character of the of the kid could do the magic trick with ease.

Both the mother and the son were shadow.

The mother switched when they younger when the original version at the boardwalk.

Abd the son's shadow character switched with him during the fire.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'm upset I missed the industrial prison complex correlation.... it was right in front of my eyes too. :ohhh:

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
I got fiiiiiiive on it
full
c'mon and lets go half on a sack!!!

:jbhmm:
Remix aside, the song is fitting cuz you could say the 'sack' is their souls. Two people, one soul.
:ehh:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
And like @hex said, that doesn’t work with today’s internet audience. Gotta have answers for everything

and the irony in that is they claim its us who overanalyze things...when its them. things are either trash to them or overrated. no inbetween. people don't give things a chance or sit still. when i saw the movie on saturday night at the first half of the movie there was this annoying jamaican woman and her daughter in the back of me just being extra loud in the first parts of the movie when it was more comedy. every sec it was "p*ssy clot" from the mother and the daughter saying "facts" .

Just basically loud as hell looking for attention. towards the end of the movie i realized i had not heard their loud asses in a while and I came to see that they had left :mjlol: Now those will be the same people who will go home and call the movie trash when they didn't even see all of it

Actually all the musical choices were brilliant with a slight exception of "I Got Five On It" to which Jordan Peele claimed he like the instrumental, but if he really thought about it, he should of blended the Club Nouveau original joint with the Luniz to suggest how the Luniz's version is the tethered of the original (and who knows, maybe he did have that in mind).

For instance, and this is hint of how "Us" and "Get Out" are thematically in the same universe despite not literally. Both films start with a haunting musical opening with a wicked spiritual African vibe going then transfer immediately to a smooth R&B song with a leaning to the general premise. With this film, the Janelle Monae's "I like that" had leanings to talking about duality when is symbolized throughout the movie.

The MOST appropriate song, however, was "fukk the Police". Not only because it was used hilariously, but keep in mind that the verse Jeremiah 11:11 speak that even when you cry out for help, nobody is going to save you. That include calling for the police. The mother pleading to call for the police and the response is "fukk the police". And the song plays throughout with poignant parts that exactly fit such as the scene where the Wilson kids first seen the dead bodies and right on cue the song say, "MC Ren, will you please give your testimony to the jury about this fukked-up incident?"

Plus, using NWA was necessary as we understood why the emergence of NWA was so important. The were one of the first rap groups that profoundly reported the reality of the urban neighborhoods and the struggles existing in that type of environment while privileged white America pretend that it didn't exist. Being that US is in large part an acknowledgement of the disenfranchised and underprivileged rebelling against those of privilege which was exactly the voice of NWA was all about.

fukk the Police coming straight from the...Underground :wow:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I been hearing people talk all these theories and one thing nobody seems to be clear on is

Do the “teathered” clones copy everything the Original does or vice versa

What is actually the connection between Red and Adelaide then?

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
So I been hearing people talk all these theories and one thing nobody seems to be clear on is

Do the “teathered” clones copy everything the Original does or vice versa

What is actually the connection between Red and Adelaide then?
Seems like the shadows do whatever the original does. Like at the end when Jason was able to control the shadow Jason and walk him into the fire.

But it seemed like Red controlled Ade as a child :patrice: like she influenced her to leave her pops and walk into that attraction to get taken underground. Perhaps it's whoever is the strongest mentally.

Like the White dude who was holding the Jeremiah 11:11 sign seemed to be controlled by his shadow underground and he was the first person murdered in the film because of it.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
I made peace with the fact a long time ago that due to the sheer amount of people present....and the vastly different types of people you interact with....literally everything is going to get nitpicked to death on the internet. It's just the nature of the beast.

And like I said earlier....there is some legitimate questions, like where did the red jumpsuits/gold scissors/leather gloves come from....but I can chalk that up to Peele wanted an iconic look for the movie. Do the logistics make sense? Not really....but who cares? He did create an iconic look for the movie.

Fred.
I dont think it was that deep. The scissors represented what it took to create the hands across america, something like this. She created some of these in the movie.:yeshrug:

• Dap
Reactions: flo

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I dont think it was that deep. The scissors represented what it took to create the hands across america, something like this. She created some of these in the movie.:yeshrug:

No I mean, where did they get hundreds if not thousands of pairs of gold scissors? Or the same number or red jump suits, and leather gloves?

Not that I give a fukk....but I'm saying "where did they get that?" is a more valid question than a lot of other stuff I've seen in this thread.

Fred.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seems like the shadows do whatever the original does. Like at the end when Jason was able to control the shadow Jason and walk him into the fire.

But it seemed like Red controlled Ade as a child :patrice: like she influenced her to leave her pops and walk into that attraction to get taken underground. Perhaps it's whoever is the strongest mentally.

Like the White dude who was holding the Jeremiah 11:11 sign seemed to be controlled by his shadow underground and he was the first person murdered in the film because of it.

Yea but if that’s the case the childhood Red should be doing whatever Adelaide is doing below ground and not the opposite.

Basically Adelaide shouldn’t have any connection to her clone. Why would she know to dance ballet, etc....

Is it some type of destiny or predestination type thing?

It shouldn’t be a shadow or mirror type thing with the others living below who were “real” clones

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
If you read how the Alice and Wonderland and Pinocchio stories related in this article and consider the Peele wanted to a pupeeteer at one point, I would also say that he included an element of Pinocchio in the film with the tethering idea, and the tehter being broken in the end.

Adelaide is special, and her special-ness is what made Red special in the underworld. IN the end the is a strange poetic justice. Adelaide took control of her own destiny when she choked her real self and came out of the mirror (looking glass). And she imprisoned her real self in the underworld, while she lived up top in the real world. Here is any example of mirroring and twinning and 11:11.

The movie is a play on Alice in Wonderland. Adelaide is another name for Alice. It means noble, high rank, or high born. The original Alice in Wonderland was manuscript was Alice Adventures UNderground. The White Rabbit, the scissors and even Red are references to Alice in Wonderland too. The second Alice adventure was Through the Looking Glass. In the second adevnture the White Rabbit uses scissors to behead the Hatter and the March Hare.

Another allusion to Alice in Wonderland is in Part of the Alice Comedies which featured Alice at the Carnival. Peele even uses a boardwalk carnival style place as the setting in the beginning, where the hall of mirrors is located.

Halls of Mirrors are utilized in the film to represent the "looking glass self" as reference to sociology and psychology. Find yourself it says on the entrance to the hall of mirrors.

The many references to Alice and Wonderland and the use of cloning, twinning and numerology points me to Mind Control and Monarch Programming, Mk Ultra-esque government experiments for controlling populations and shaping society. Tavistock Institute-esque shyt.

Last edited:

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Adelaide is special, and her special-ness is what made Red special in the underworld. IN the end the is a strange poetic justice. Adelaide took control of her own destiny when she choked her real self and came out of the mirror (looking glass). And she imprisoned her real self in the underworld, while she lived up top in the real world. Here is any example of mirroring and twinning and 11:11.

The movie is a play on Alice in Wonderland. Adelaide is another name for Alice. It means noble, high rank, or high born. The original Alice in Wonderland was manuscript was Alice Adventures UNderground. The White Rabbit, the scissors and even Red are references to Alice in Wonderland too. The second Alice adventure was Through the Looking Glass. In the second adevnture the White Rabbit uses scissors to behead the Hatter and the March Hare.

Halls of Mirrors are utilized in the film to represent the "looking glass self" as reference to sociology and psychology. Find yourself it says on the entrance to the hall of mirrors.

The many references to Alice and Wonderland and the use of cloning, twinning and numerology points me to Mind Control and Monarch Programming, Mk Ultra-esque government experiments for controlling populations and shaping society. Tavistock Institute-esque shyt.
Good theory but off

Ever seen the episode of Martin where Pam and later Cole was hypnotized

What triggered the hypnosis .. a hand clap

Also

I’ll put this here again ..

And again the only difference between skeleton key and get out

skeleton5.jpg

Papa justify and mama cecile cheated lynching by transferring their presence with the lil white kids and lived until their bodies got weak

All the nighas knew what was goin In skeleton key

Just like the peckerwoods did in get out

Funny thing is skeleton the nikkas use the more humane way infiltrate what they wanted didn’t have to use tools to get into their vessels

Get out .they had to perform surgery n whatever body they used had to hide the scars with hats n wigs

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
Good theory but off

Ever seen the episode of Martin where Pam and later Cole was hypnotized

What triggered the hypnosis .. a hand clap

Also

I’ll put this here again ..

And again the only difference between skeleton key and get out

skeleton5.jpg

Papa justify and mama cecile cheated lynching by transferring their presence with the lil white kids and lived until their bodies got weak

All the nighas knew what was goin In skeleton key

Just like the peckerwoods did in get out

Funny thing is skeleton the nikkas use the more humane way infiltrate what they wanted didn’t have to use tools to get into their vessels

Get out .they had to perform surgery n whatever body they used had to hide the scars with hats n wigs

What this have to do with US?