“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
After reading a lot of the posts, I'm just gonna not even try to discuss it here. Damn, I miss IMDB forums.

I'm just gonna say that some of y'all seem really young, or need to expand your horizons. Read more, and not just non-fiction and self help, but fiction, literature, the books they told you to read in school, that clearly, a lot of you didn't.

One poster really said he needs to make real black movies. WTF. But also, if you go into the movie, ready to dissect it, it's already lost you. This movie is just as much horror/comedy/social commentary as something as They Live. Did you go into They Live ready to dissect it?
Yeah and Jordan said straight up he wanted to make a straight horror movie. Yes there are things to dissect but at the end of the day, it’s a horror movie. There are themes to breakdown in they live, night of the living dead, Halloween, etc but they’re still horror movies and that’s their first function.

I think because of get out, he’s brought more people into the fold who weren’t here with the rest of the horror geeks and that’s great. That’s awesome, actually. But the rules haven’t changed.

This isn’t the first horror movie or piece of fiction that leaves issues unanswered. And it’s not a plot hole; it never is. There’s always a mystery to these things. How can Michael Myers get up after falling from the third story of a house? How can Jason walk and still be faster than you while you’re running? How did the zombie outbreak happen? Why did they decide to come to the mall? How in the hell does a car become possessed?

If you really get hung up on those questions while watching horror or sci-fi, you’re going to miss all the dope shyt by being way too literal
TRUTH

I’m still unsure how the hell Michael Meyers knew how to drive after being raised in a mental institution since a child :heh:

Doesn’t really matter though:
Holoween is Still a great movie.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
TRUTH

I’m still unsure how the hell Michael Meyers knew how to drive after being raised in a mental institution since a child :heh:

I made peace with the fact a long time ago that due to the sheer amount of people present....and the vastly different types of people you interact with....literally everything is going to get nitpicked to death on the internet. It's just the nature of the beast.

And like I said earlier....there is some legitimate questions, like where did the red jumpsuits/gold scissors/leather gloves come from....but I can chalk that up to Peele wanted an iconic look for the movie. Do the logistics make sense? Not really....but who cares? He did create an iconic look for the movie.

Fred.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Better yet, how'd Adelaide even manage to rise to the surface at such a young age to abduct Red anyways??? I'm not sure if that part was explained.

Man, I think I'ma have to go see this shyt again. Hope da blu-ray version is an extended version.

The film throughout has a lot of existentialism. Adelaide and Red were called upon each other by a higher power (God).

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thinking about it, da night she disappeared, she was only gone for da span of 15 minutes. I'm gonna assume that where they were located underground as well as where she stashed Red couldn't have been too far but, I'm still not able to wrap my head around how at as young of an age she was, was she able to execute that so quick then getting back to da surface soon afterwards in such a short span on time.

Don't think about the 15 minute gap too much. The reason why 15 minutes has any significance is that was how long people held hands during the ACTUAL Hands Across America.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I made peace with the fact a long time ago that due to the sheer amount of people present....and the vastly different types of people you interact with....literally everything is going to get nitpicked to death on the internet. It's just the nature of the beast.

And like I said earlier....there is some legitimate questions, like where did the red jumpsuits/gold scissors/leather gloves come from....but I can chalk that up to Peele wanted an iconic look for the movie. Do the logistics make sense? Not really....but who cares? He did create an iconic look for the movie.

Fred.

How does a dream monster find a way to bring a glove with claws into the dream realm? I mean we can do that all day.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TRUTH

Basically, some of the BEST horror and slasher flicks are those that aren't totally explained or logically understood. The Shining is deem a classic today when people bashed it for being confusing with unexplained plot holes. Some things are MEANT to be ambiguous.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Basically, some of the BEST horror and slasher flicks are those that aren't totally explained or logically understood. The Shining is deem a classic today when people bashed it for being confusing with unexplained plot holes. Some things are MEANT to be ambiguous.

And like @hex said, that doesn’t work with today’s internet audience. Gotta have answers for everything

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
A few things I can't seem to grasp

Will there be a part 2??

Why were the rabbits white?? and only a few (I think 2) black rabbits?

I doubt there will be a sequel. I can damn near guarantee there won't be.

Peele has said he has 3-4 more ideas for horror movies. He's gonna keep moving forward with new projects.
As far as the rabbits :hubie:I'll leave that to another person to try and figure out. There is some obvious symbolism in the movie....and some people reaching with theories....but over all the shyt is interesting and it's uncommon as hell for a horror movie nowadays.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Side note, the musical choices in this movie are why we need diverse groups of people making movies. I'm white but I'm just being real here....most white directors, even if they're hip-hop fans, would never think to turn "I Got Five On It" into a horror anthem. Not to mention the "fukk The Police" scene. I see some people saying they didn't like that scene....I fukking loved it just based on how random it was. The Beach Boys shyt was cool prior to that....but a gang of horror movies use happy and/or upbeat songs in a creepy/scary way....but a gangsta rap song? It's damn near unheard of.

Fred.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

The irony is most of us are all nostalgic for the horror flicks of the 80s, which all revolved around mystery and not telling you shyt

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps

Fred.

I read somewhere that those red-suits were a look from the Thriller video, thus the girl wearing the t-shirt, MJ wore the red outfit along with the one glove, thus them wearing the red clothes with the one glove, the scissors came into play resembling them "cutting the cord" from outta their state that they were in.

Last edited:

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
I read somewhere that those red-suits were a look from the Thriller video, thus the girl wearing the t-shirt, MJ wore the red outfit along with the one glove, thus them wearing the red clothes, the scissors came into play resembling them "cutting the cord" from outta their state that they were in.

But in a literal sense. Where did they all get red jumpsuits?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
But in a literal sense. Where did they all get red jumpsuits?

Amazon. :manny:

All jokes aside, some stuff you just gotta over look. You can do this to damn near any movie, especially horror. Peele's point for all that seems to be creating an iconic look, and he achieved that. I don't think he cared about the logistics behind where it all came from. If he did he could've tossed in a line or two explaining it, same as he did with the tunnels in the beginning of the movie.

Fred.