“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
he says he makes horror movies tho. That’s not Hollywood trying to pigeon hole him at all; he wants that title and wants to live in that world right now. He’s not ashamed of it. So I’m taking his word and using it for this discussion. If he’s proud to be a horror director and is clearly achieving great heights by being a genre director, I say more power to him.

But you just said get out is a black movie. So again what’s a real black movie? You said he needs to make one of those and I’m trying to figure out what that looks like because to me, he’s already done that twice. I’m not including Keanu in the discussion because I haven’t seen it.

We are not going to see eye to eye on this one. I explained it to you and gave you an example in my first reply.

Peele is good broham. Great director and I support by paying to see his movies.

Peace

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
:gucci:

Peele has said he makes horror movies. Between "Get Out", "Us", the "Twilight Zone" remake, the "Candyman" reboot, and his involvement with "Lovecraft Country"....dude is clearly angling to be firmly cemented in the "horror" category. And he's said he has more ideas for social commentary....that he plans on weaving into horror movies.

So....yeah. Dude is definitely happy to be in the horror genre.

Fred.

So he's done with comedy right?
I didn't see any in US...

I guess I was looking for a more sure and deliberate approach to actually scaring the shyt out of people.

I didn't laugh, and I wasn't scared.

I did however see the genius in concept development and execution.

If they didn't bother with all of the underground antics and try to satisfy all of the 80s horror movie nerds with plugs, they would have had time to plug all those plot holes. 20 mil is a lot to spend on a mishmash of old movies. They are over 80M so the people have spoken. Let's see what happens at the Oscars and Candyman.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I think it's very possible Ade really did forget herself. She even tells Gabe at one point, she doesn't feel like herself. The brain is a powerful weapon. If she really wanted to forget that life and live like a regular person, I think she could have repressed it. Also I'm leaning towards her not fully realizing who she is because they kept showing us flashbacks of what she was actually remembering as it was happening, and
her memory of the switch doesn't happen until the very end. Her eyes even go wide at the memory, like she's just recalling it. HOWEVER, that doesn't explain her going down to the basement and smiling over that stuffed bunny and photo of her dancing. That one scene suggests she really does remember and has known the whole time. I've seen it twice now and I really can't tell if she's playing everyone for a fool or if she's just recalling things she'd forgotten. I love that she's a very unreliable narrator, it makes it more mysterious and fun.
Yep they're both unreliable narrators.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
This thread got that stupid where people believe Jason was tethered?:russ:

Don’t smoke weed before you see movies
full

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
Jason WAS NOT a tethered. Give it up already. That theory has been disproven multiple times in this thread and elsewhere online.

I didn’t post in this thread till after I saw the movie yesterday and I haven’t read up on this shyt anywhere else but here. Relax breh

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Saw it tonight. 10 outta 10.
I'll get into my reasons for this later but Get Out was needed to set this movie up. There is a bridge with the two films.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Why are most people too goddamn lazy to use a spoiler function that literally takes two clicks? :usure:

Why risk it? :yeshrug:

Anyone that's been on this board for awhile (like @Brad Piff ) knows the risks. ESPECIALLY for a hyped up movie like this. That's why I went ahead and saw it. Didn't feel like getting spoiled. If it wasn't gonna happen here it'd happen on Twitter or IG.

If folks want a trusty spoiler-free review I'd check out Double Toasted on Youtube. I don't expect mods to be able to handle a rapidly moving thread like this. Now the folks that spoil shyt before the movie is even out, that's ban-worthy.

Daps
Reppin
404/678/770 тσ 702
Better yet, how'd Adelaide even manage to rise to the surface at such a young age to abduct Red anyways??? I'm not sure if that part was explained.

Man, I think I'ma have to go see this shyt again. Hope da blu-ray version is an extended version.

Daps
Reppin
404/678/770 тσ 702
Big question...

Was Ade and unreliable narrator for the entire movie? Or was the twist that we as the audience saw at the end of the movie also a revelation to Ade? I took it as she was gradually putting the pieces together and that was the final moment for her, but I've read some things today that suggest she knew the entire time, and that's why she was afraid to go back to Santa Cruz...because she was worried about being exposed.
:lupe:

I personally believe that it was a revelation to her as well due to the fact that she had repressed those memories of da events of that night yet, due to certain triggers (mainly coincidences coming together), the memories were being unearthed. Going to Santa Cruz was a trigger.