“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
We saw it last night. I understand and sympathize with Red because she went from having a decent childhood to being forced into a world of the unknown.
I would have stabbed the shyt outta Adelaide..on some
tenor.gif

Did anyone else theater laugh when "little girl...run " happened? And Zora took off slow as shyt :mjlol:
I immediately thought
tumblr_nxrufyZ8q01qig1kfo1_400.gif

I didnt see the white tethered family coming AT ALL.

It definitely seemed like the "tethered" had limited functionality even once they reached the top. I noticed how the tethered twins were flipping around the house, same as the uppers were doing on the beach...and how tethered white mom was smiling at herself in the mirror on some "you a bad bytch". It was like they could do all the things the upper level people could, but no more than that.. And when white tethered dad curved her with the handshake I said to myself, oh the white dad DEFINITELY did that uptop..I was just surprised the tethered knew when to use it.

The coldest part for me is when Red and Adelaide square off...Adelaide is trying ro attack her in the halls and Red is hitting her with the ballet moves. I hit a yassss when she did a "plie" with her hands behind her back. I was like :leon: ok Red aint nothing to fukk with.

My questions are: Now what? Their leader is dead. What is the tethered next move? Are they gonna stand there holding hands. Or will they try to resume the lives of the ones they took?

Also, put yourself in that situation. Could you successfully defend yourself against your tethered self. Sadly, I think my twin would kick my ass :francis:
My SO said he could beat his twin up. He was like, "I been lifting weights on this side..what has he been lifting...bunnies :mjpls:" :mjlol:
Anyway I thought it was good on the first watch, GREAT on the second watch.
:russ:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Was her snapping on the wrong beat foreshadowing?
I think the snapping doesn't make sense when you realize she was a ballet dancer and should know how to count on beat.

also, I think they should have spent more time explaining the tethered, but I understand that this was 2 hours into the movie and people were just waiting for the final fight. But yeah, they kind of breezed past a lot of shyt.

Fletch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
I think the snapping doesn't make sense when you realize she was a ballet dancer and should know how to count on beat.

also, I think they should have spent more time explaining the tethered, but I understand that this was 2 hours into the movie and people were just waiting for the final fight. But yeah, they kind of breezed past a lot of shyt.
Actually that’s a good point

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I really hate how we was just have these type of movies sporadically once a year.

Get Out(2017), Black Panther(2018) US(2019)

We really got to have this great material on a much regular basis. I cringed when going to walk in the theatre and seeing "Madea" as one of the listed movies. :snoop: Like how many remakes are we gonna get of that?

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Fukk what yall talking about, this movie was dope. Me and my lady saw if Friday night. The whole theater was into it.

Lupita looked splendid in this shyt :wow:

The film's score kinda gave me Tales From The Hood vibes.

The daughter clone was creepy af :merchant:
I wish the white family got a lil more screen time, they were comedy :russ: his two daughters was thick af when they were up on the balcony in they pajamas :wow:

Movie felt 10-15 minutes too long. probably should've ended once they escaped the white folks and got back to their vacation spot. it felt like the movie peaked but then there was still like 20 minutes left.

They complain about everything and call everything trash and overrated. There were the same posts being made about Get Out and Black Panther. That isn't just this site but people in general. They like being contrary to be contrary.

But we can cosign 2000 Michael Myers movies though

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Like the coffee table thing. Lupita Nyong'o is like 5 feet tall. Probably weighs around 100 lbs. She's not moving even a medium sized coffee table.
Lupita is a grown ass woman and that was a regular ass coffee table :loldenzel2:

It didn't move for horror movie reasons (to build suspense) but please stop the madness :russ:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I really hate how we was just have these type of movies sporadically once a year.

Get Out(2017), Black Panther(2018) US(2019)

We really got to have this great material on a much regular basis. I cringed when going to walk in the theatre and seeing "Madea" as one of the listed movies. :snoop: Like how many remakes are we gonna get of that?
There have been plenty of fire Black movies that you omitted over the last few years.

Especially after the lack of diversity at the Oscars a few years ago... I'd say the variety in the black films that we're getting in this current climate is as good as it's been in quite some time

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Jason WAS NOT a tethered. Give it up already. That theory has been disproven multiple times in this thread and elsewhere online.

This thread got that stupid where people believe Jason was tethered?:russ:

Don’t smoke weed before you see movies

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think it's very possible Ade really did forget herself. She even tells Gabe at one point, she doesn't feel like herself. The brain is a powerful weapon. If she really wanted to forget that life and live like a regular person, I think she could have repressed it. Also I'm leaning towards her not fully realizing who she is because they kept showing us flashbacks of what she was actually remembering as it was happening, and
her memory of the switch doesn't happen until the very end. Her eyes even go wide at the memory, like she's just recalling it. HOWEVER, that doesn't explain her going down to the basement and smiling over that stuffed bunny and photo of her dancing. That one scene suggests she really does remember and has known the whole time. I've seen it twice now and I really can't tell if she's playing everyone for a fool or if she's just recalling things she'd forgotten. I love that she's a very unreliable narrator, it makes it more mysterious and fun.

Yeah I was under the impression she forgot. The last scene, the way Lupita plays it anyway, is that she suddenly had a lightbulb go off

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That's going too far... and he might actually have the lead on being great, but Kubrick was an alien.

Let's see Peele expand his range. He tried with this one, but it ended up being all over the place.

I think that if he makes a Black movie, a real Black movie, he'll gain some respect from me, but might isolate his base audience of cacs.

Define real black movie, homie