“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
personally, I didnt think this movie was all that I thought it'd be.

I thought it started to lost it's way about a quarter of the way thru. Like when the white familyies counterpart showed up, it started getting a little much.

I only say this because the original trailer I saw back on Christmas day only focused on the Black family, not that there was a complete legion of underground people.

THEY ALWAYS SHOWED THE WHITE LADY
CRAWLING IN HER BLOOD IN THE TRAILERS/COMMERCIALS
AND
ALWAYS SHOWED A QUICK SHOT
OF HER TETHERED SELF CUTTING HERSELF
WITH THE SCISSORS.
:devil:
:evil:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps

THEY ALWAYS SHOWED THE WHITE LADY
CRAWLING IN HER BLOOD IN THE TRAILERS/COMMERCIALS
AND
ALWAYS SHOWED A QUICK SHOT
OF HER TETHERED SELF CUTTING HERSELF
WITH THE SCISSORS.

Ok, from the 1st trailer I saw I dont remember all that.

And after the 1st trailer I had decided I was gonna see it regardless, so I never watched another preview or trailer after that

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

And after the 1st trailer I had decided I was gonna see it regardless, so I never watched another preview or trailer after that

IT WAS QUICK BUT IT WAS THERE...

SO I KNEW FROM THE START
THERE WOULD BE COPIES OF OTHERS.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
I watched this breakdown earlier and went :ohhh: at some of the things he said, mostly the theory that
Jason is a tethered too
I think he’s off in some of his takes but I figured I’d share anyway.

Spoiler alert obviously

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How was everyone getting above ground??? The escalator only went down, they didn't go up. Asides from that, the Hands Across America shirt & cut outs were sealing the exit.

You obviously forgotten the opening statement of there's 1000's of tunnels across the United States.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Besides what @CHICAGO said they also showed other copies holding hands, a bunch of dead bodies in the street, etc. in the first trailer.

So it was obviously more wide spread than the black family. I figured it was an epidemic just based off the first trailer.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Oh and I was browsing the thread late last night, after I seen the movie. I remember someone saying the tethered would be scarier if they weren't just humans too.

They obviously weren't just humans. They move like animals and take way more damage than a normal person could.

Besides the white father taking a fire poker to the head....which I guess you could shrug off as possible for a regular human....the white daughter got hit in the head, fell from the 2nd floor through a coffee table....seemed to be dead for who knows how long....then hopped up and continued to rampage.

So clearly they aren't just people.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Jason WAS NOT a tethered. Give it up already. That theory has been disproven multiple times in this thread and elsewhere online.

The son?

Yeah, I don't get that. I understand people are going off the glance at the end of the movie but there's way too much reaching prior to that for it to be true.

Fred.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town

:what:OF COURSE SHE KNEW THE ENTIRE TIME.

my interpretation was that adult Ade only remembered the long walk, feeling of being drawn, seeing her reflection, and the aftermath

It's possible she blocked out the fact that SHE was the doppelganger

But that's just a possibility her paranoia could disprove it

I think it's very possible Ade really did forget herself. She even tells Gabe at one point, she doesn't feel like herself. The brain is a powerful weapon. If she really wanted to forget that life and live like a regular person, I think she could have repressed it. Also I'm leaning towards her not fully realizing who she is because they kept showing us flashbacks of what she was actually remembering as it was happening, and
her memory of the switch doesn't happen until the very end. Her eyes even go wide at the memory, like she's just recalling it. HOWEVER, that doesn't explain her going down to the basement and smiling over that stuffed bunny and photo of her dancing. That one scene suggests she really does remember and has known the whole time. I've seen it twice now and I really can't tell if she's playing everyone for a fool or if she's just recalling things she'd forgotten. I love that she's a very unreliable narrator, it makes it more mysterious and fun.