“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Seen it multiple times so far. Legit be looking at other people when the twist is about to happen to see them do this.
108.gif
This scene :wow:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
How was everyone getting above ground??? The escalator only went down, they didn't go up. Asides from that, the Hands Across America shirt & cut outs were sealing the exit.
I think the opening text implied there were multiple entry and exit points.

I feel like it's copping out to say 'don't think about it too hard' but you kinda gotta not think about the logistics too hard. The tunnels (as well as the entry and exit points_ stretch out across the nation. I looked stuff up about this after the movie, and that part isn't fiction. There really are thousands of miles of tunnels and underground structures all across the country, and there have even been some populations/underground cities found in America with people living in them.

The logistics of the teathered setting up the revolution is the toughest part to make make sense.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I watched this last night. Loved it. Had some problems with it but over all thought it was great.

I don't begrudge anyone for not liking it but some of the complaints in here are :dahell: as fukk.

Like the coffee table thing. Lupita Nyong'o is like 5 feet tall. Probably weighs around 100 lbs. She's not moving even a medium sized coffee table.

Or "why didn't she just leave?"....she was the only one that could talk. It's eventually revealed the tethered see her as their savior....it's not really a stretch to assume they wouldn't let her leave, even before that.

Fred.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I think the opening text implied there were multiple entry and exit points.

I feel like it's copping out to say 'don't think about it too hard' but you kinda gotta not think about the logistics too hard. The tunnels (as well as the entry and exit points_ stretch out across the nation. I looked stuff up about this after the movie, and that part isn't fiction. There really are thousands of miles of tunnels and underground structures all across the country, and there have even been some populations/underground cities found in America with people living in them.

The logistics of the teathered setting up the revolution is the toughest part to make make sense.
Lupita is about 40 in the movie.

The ballet event happened 14. So its been 26 years or so of planning.

I guess explaining or showing the planning of that revolution would be movie itself

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I watched this last night. Loved it. Had some problems with it but over all thought it was great.

I don't begrudge anyone for not liking it but some of the complaints in here are :dahell: as fukk.

Like the coffee table thing. Lupita Nyong'o is like 5 feet tall. Probably weighs around 100 lbs. She's not moving even a medium sized coffee table.

Or "why didn't she just leave?"....she was the only one that could talk. It's eventually revealed the tethered see her as their savior....it's not really a stretch to assume they wouldn't let her leave, even before that.

Fred.
Coli back on their usual shyt nit picking and anchoring on stuff for pages

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Right. There's more meanings I'm sure you could make but this is the one i got from it immediately. America creates people it views as monsters. In prisons, schools maybe, projects, bad neighborhoods, homeless, etc. But if we really were to Unite we could rise up. Yet that takes violence. We really gotta see each other as equals and come together. Something like that.

Jordan Peele has four more social thriller films in the making.

In an interview with Business Insider the Get Out director said that his recently-released directorial debut is the first of five social thrillers he plans on creating.

“I have four other social thrillers that I want to unveil in the next decade…The best and scariest monsters in the world are human beings and what we are capable of especially when we get together,” Peele said. “I’ve been working on these premises about these different social demons, these innately human monsters that are woven into the fabric of how we think and how we interact, and each one of my movies is going to be about a different one of these social
demons.”

This is a statement made by Jordan Peele two years ago after Get Out came out. I love the quote he made about human beings because it is so poignant. It also makes you realize he is one of the only people who have done the horror genre in the past 50 years who even thought about that aspect. He made two critically acclaimed horror movies in a row that don't have no cliche plot lines about "ghosts" or "Chuckie"

So we have two movies down now and three to go based on his quote....we should make a spinoff thread making our own theories on what topics he would discuss based on human beings and our psyche...

The Black Church? :jbhmm:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
man, the theater I saw this in, everyone kept laughing too often.

Like when Red first spoke in front of the fireplace, the ppl in the theater cracked up at every word she said and the way her voice sounded.
That happened in mine too. nikkas were cracking up from the start. Felt more like Zombieland than a real horror

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
Jordan Peele has four more social thriller films in the making.

In an interview with Business Insider the Get Out director said that his recently-released directorial debut is the first of five social thrillers he plans on creating.

“I have four other social thrillers that I want to unveil in the next decade…The best and scariest monsters in the world are human beings and what we are capable of especially when we get together,” Peele said. “I’ve been working on these premises about these different social demons, these innately human monsters that are woven into the fabric of how we think and how we interact, and each one of my movies is going to be about a different one of these social
demons.”

This is a statement made by Jordan Peele two years ago after Get Out came out. I love the quote he made about human beings because it is so poignant. It also makes you realize he is one of the only people who have done the horror genre in the past 50 years who even thought about that aspect. He made two critically acclaimed horror movies in a row that don't have no cliche plot lines about "ghosts" or "Chuckie"

So we have two movies down now and three to go based on his quote....we should make a spinoff thread making our own theories on what topics he would discuss based on human beings and our psyche...

The Black Church? :jbhmm:
If Get Out was a commentary on racism and Us is seemingly a commentary on classism, I’d have to guess religion, maybe sexism, could see a movie based on ageism, or war, maybe cultural clashes. That’s what’s dope about these kind of films, there’s so many themes to explore.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
It's funny cause I'm horrible picking up symbolism in movies or what they mean and picking up big reveals but hit this one head on. The girl I was watching with thought I was crazy as I mentioned by theories during the movie to her. Then as we were discussing on the ride home I was throwing out my theories on the symbolism which matched a lot what was said in that article.