“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
I don’t know if it’s because we are use to television series that do callbacks to event that happened 6 seasons ago. It seems we lost our ability to accept the rules set forth by a movie. Alot of people want every detail fully explained.

Its a sci-fi horror flick you got to suspend some belief.

Last edited:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People need to stop saying the dad was SUPPOSED to be corny. That's not the issue. The whole SCRIPT was corny. The dialogue was horrendous in every scene. There were so many forced lines trying to get cheap laughs. "I'm gonna drive cause I got the highest kill count":snoop:......this was just badly written all the way around. None of the characters acted in a realistic way. Kids out here crackin jokes when they should be traumatized. I love humor in horror movies but it has to be good humor. And this wasn't it.

I have no problem with the message. I have a problem with the delivery. And when you're telling a story, the delivery is the most important thing. The ending of the 6th sense wouldn't have been classic if it wasn't for the story that led up to it. In Get Out, you actually felt an emotional connection with the characters. You got immersed into that world because the story was beautifully told. Not just with the writing but with the imagery as well. And Peele wasn't able to accomplish that same feeling with this flick. There were still some positives here though. And I still feel like Peele is gonna be one of the GOATS once he really masters his craft. Even though this movie was a let down, I still feel like his best is yet to come.

The kill count scene was HILARIOUS... :laff:

You act as if you never scene a horror movie with comedic elements in it. You need to watch more Sam Raimi.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Seen it multiple times so far. Legit be looking at other people when the twist is about to happen to see them do this.
108.gif

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
He could have ended the movie 2 other ways...

After she kills Red, she brings Jason back to her family and she purposely flips the ambulance over killing everybody but herself. Then goes and joins the rest of the Tethereds with the arms across America shyt making it clear where her loyalty stands.

They don’t reveal that she is really a teathered and they leave it up for the audience to decide. However they leave a lot more clues that support it that would get you thinking. Which i feel would have been a better ending. Kinda like the alternate ending to Face/Off

But that’s just me :yeshrug:

I feel like Jordan Peele made an alternate ending and he is going to put it on the DVD/Blu-Ray.

Wtf I had no clue face off had an alternate ending.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Just got back. Its not a horror movie really. Still wrapping my mind around it. I can see why alot of people will be disappointed though.

majority of the ppl are disappointed are the same ones that get disappointed when certain albums get 5star reviews..

u cant make ppl ..but get out..tho being better:mjlol:

if that was the ending....then u might have a argument...:russ:

its funny peeles first hit was the lazier of the film...

for this nikka to take I got 5 on it...n flip into the piano keys of Halloween n nightmare on elm street..:ohhh:

let me find out peele has crawfish 96 from dj screw

if candyman has :

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
I’m not even gonna lie, for a minute there, after the twist and with the prior reference to Thriller, I half expected the movie to end like Thriller with Lupita looking into the camera like
tenor.gif

But really, I felt like
That knowing glance exchange that Adelaide and Jason had was reminiscent of it in it’s own way.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty good going off my first viewing. Not as good as Get Out but that may change after I watch it again