“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
I only have two major problems with this movie.

1. Peele tried to make the movie on such a grand scale the plot seems ridiculous, full of holes and more questions than answers.

No way the entire world is cloned. Maybe a small city

I’d like it if it was someone within a few families and it was a smaller experiment that went wrong which they could explain easier in the back story

The whole heads across America and larger message on society seems forced. And the ending was kind ridiculous

Like is this supposed to be some zombie apocalypse/end of the world movie now?

Not to mention it all happened in the span of 1 night?

And then

2. Nobody had GUNS?

I don’t know if people with scissors are killing me just of basic hand to hand combat.

If the clones had superhuman powers and strength/agility than that’s different:yeshrug:

The movie looked way better as a trailer. And everything was revealed pretty much in it.

I can see why the finished product let many down

ALL OF THIS. And that being said I enjoyed it. As for the guns eh. everybody don't own guns like that(I'm talking about the main 2 families involved) AND it's in Cali where apparently only criminals can get them. Also, I don't think it was meant to say it was the end of the world. I think it was just a revolution taking place(A violent one) but I don't think its insinuated that they are looking to control the world. Also this is a case of better trailer than movie. But unlike something like say Suicide Squad I do feel this shyt was coming from a good place.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yeah. I think Get Out was more of psychological thriller, and in those people expect more internal logic and less plot holes. And Get Out had almost zero plot holes, and all of the internal logic was very tight and concise.

Horror/slasher flicks and twilight zone episodes tend to have stuff in them that falls apart under closer scrutiny, and it's generally accepted or not criticized as much. This movie is more along those lines, so I kind of want to give it a pass for some things due to it basically being a twilight zone episode/slasher flick combo.

exactly the stuff folks are complaining about with this movie are supposed to be in there/are purposely done that way

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I only have two major problems with this movie.

1. Peele tried to make the movie on such a grand scale the plot seems ridiculous, full of holes and more questions than answers.

No way the entire world is cloned. Maybe a small city

I’d like it if it was someone within a few families and it was a smaller experiment that went wrong which they could explain easier in the back story

The whole heads across America and larger message on society seems forced. And the ending was kind ridiculous

Like is this supposed to be some zombie apocalypse/end of the world movie now?

Not to mention it all happened in the span of 1 night?

And then

2. Nobody had GUNS?

I don’t know if people with scissors are killing me just of basic hand to hand combat.

If the clones had superhuman powers and strength/agility than that’s different:yeshrug:

The movie looked way better as a trailer. And everything was revealed pretty much in it.

I can see why the finished product let many down
They did have some kinda super natural powers tho. The White got hit in the head with metal rod and ate it

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
This movie was very unimaginative considering this guy's re-booting the fukking TWILIGHT ZONE :snoop:

he's HOSTING the Twilight Zone. That being said I'm in no favor of a reboot because The OG was so far above everything that's been released IMO(one of the goat shows ever) that it doesn't need a reboot. Maybe a reimaging for kids who can't follow shyt unless its in color or with CGI everwhere.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Why Winston Duke sound like a character Peele himself played on Key & Peele :mjlol:

I saw this earlier, it’ll take more time for the themes to set in but I enjoyed it. I don’t know if it’s as strong as Get Out but it’s not fair to compare them either. I did enjoy a lot of the homages to other horror films like Jaws and Friday the 13th too

CAUSE HE WAS, I said that when I saw the trailer. He was a stand in for Peele obviously.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They did have some kinda super natural powers tho. The White got hit in the head with metal rod and ate it

Ok but nothing was explained. Just some vague cloning shadow type analogy

Part of the reason I hated bird box

But the directior of get out should have higher standards

He know everyone would pick apart this movie

Maybe he’s leaving stuff out purposely for a part 2 or a prequel.

Cause a lot is left to the imagination

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
People need to stop saying the dad was SUPPOSED to be corny. That's not the issue. The whole SCRIPT was corny. The dialogue was horrendous in every scene. There were so many forced lines trying to get cheap laughs. "I'm gonna drive cause I got the highest kill count":snoop:......this was just badly written all the way around. None of the characters acted in a realistic way. Kids out here crackin jokes when they should be traumatized. I love humor in horror movies but it has to be good humor. And this wasn't it.

I have no problem with the message. I have a problem with the delivery. And when you're telling a story, the delivery is the most important thing. The ending of the 6th sense wouldn't have been classic if it wasn't for the story that led up to it. In Get Out, you actually felt an emotional connection with the characters. You got immersed into that world because the story was beautifully told. Not just with the writing but with the imagery as well. And Peele wasn't able to accomplish that same feeling with this flick. There were still some positives here though. And I still feel like Peele is gonna be one of the GOATS once he really masters his craft. Even though this movie was a let down, I still feel like his best is yet to come.

the ending tied in perfectly though, there were plenty of clues about Lupita's character throughout the movie, just like there was about Bruce Willis character. the movie flowed great to me:manny:

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Fukk what yall talking about, this movie was dope. Me and my lady saw if Friday night. The whole theater was into it.

Lupita looked splendid in this shyt :wow:

The film's score kinda gave me Tales From The Hood vibes.

The daughter clone was creepy af :merchant:
I wish the white family got a lil more screen time, they were comedy :russ: his two daughters was thick af when they were up on the balcony in they pajamas :wow:

Movie felt 10-15 minutes too long. probably should've ended once they escaped the white folks and got back to their vacation spot. it felt like the movie peaked but then there was still like 20 minutes left.

I'm kind of with you. The film DIDN'T NEED AND EXPLANATION TYPE ENDING. Son see's Mom do some vile shyt. *Thinks to self...hmm my mom wouldn't do that* and you could have saved a good 10 minutes. What would have been more interesting is if the "other's" made demands or something to that effect.

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
Peele has said before that GET OUT was a "social horror" where the underlying theme of racial tensions is what drives the film. He's said that he wants to do a whole series of these, and this is most likely the second. I've only seen the movie once and I've been stewing about it for an hour, and this is just my opinion, but I think the underlying theme is poverty.

The copies live underground, near or in the sewers.

Red mentions that they eat cold, raw rabbit, they don't have good quality of life, and everyone on the surface takes what they have for granted. (Red would know, she once had these things).

The copies are the impoverished, the lowest class.

Then we have Adelaide's family. They have what appears to be a vacation home, but they also don't have top of the line stuff. They remark that their friends have better boats, cars, etc. They have enough. They are the middle class.

The friends are the upper class. They have the nicest home, newest technology, etc. BUT they all hate each other. They drink all day. They barely talk to one another. They're comfortable. That's why they die without a fight.

The middle class fights because they're forced to. They're being challenged.

The lowest class fights because they HAVE to. Something's gotta give. It's not just one family. It's an entire population that needs to help each other out from one end of the nation to the other.

The cherry on top is Adelaide. She rose up from the lower class (through devious means) and fights tooth and nail to protect her rung on the totem pole, but she also sympathizes with the copied kids who die. She takes pity on them. She sees herself in them, they're just trying to do what she succeeded in.

The line "We're Americans" also expounds on this idea. America is a beacon of capitalism but it also emphasizes their humanity.
Saw this on reddit