“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
The experiment was deemed as an overall failure because of a lack of ability to perfectly replicate a soul. The purpose of this experiment was for the shadows to control those who are above ground. Maybe the experiments failure was due to the fact that those underground didn't have the opportunity to "live" and by not living they didn't have the ability to connect with humanity . By live I mean gather the experiences that makes humans, human. We're shaped by our day to day interactions, that's what makes us, us. If we're truly born with a blank slate (tabula rasa ) like philosophers like Aristotle,Thomas Aquinas and John Locke believed we're truly products of our experiences and perceptions. You can't truly replicate what's human without the human experience . So what you are left with are lifelike shells.... Red got to experience what it truly is to be human above ground..... Maybe that was the connection.

This is a good way to condense it.

Ones' reconciliation with the concept of that has to involve whatever people think about what a "soul" is.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man who the fukk are you? We ain't gotta do shyt for you:mjlol:

I’m talking the positive reviews/analysis/ explanations comments that exist in this thread

I’m reading it......

Cause that’s the purpose of this thread :manny:

Leave it to you to take things personally :mjlol:

Obviously you liked the movie more than me and are defensive, sorry :hubie:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how was the white family the focal point of the film?

All I’m saying is the interactions between the white husband and wife had the theater laughing the most.

The husband was funny :manny:

They were a nice addition to the dark theme of the film

I wish they didn’t die so soon.

Plus their Clones were the most vicious :banderas:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
People need to stop saying the dad was SUPPOSED to be corny. That's not the issue. The whole SCRIPT was corny. The dialogue was horrendous in every scene. There were so many forced lines trying to get cheap laughs. "I'm gonna drive cause I got the highest kill count":snoop:......this was just badly written all the way around. None of the characters acted in a realistic way. Kids out here crackin jokes when they should be traumatized. I love humor in horror movies but it has to be good humor. And this wasn't it.

I have no problem with the message. I have a problem with the delivery. And when you're telling a story, the delivery is the most important thing. The ending of the 6th sense wouldn't have been classic if it wasn't for the story that led up to it. In Get Out, you actually felt an emotional connection with the characters. You got immersed into that world because the story was beautifully told. Not just with the writing but with the imagery as well. And Peele wasn't able to accomplish that same feeling with this flick. There were still some positives here though. And I still feel like Peele is gonna be one of the GOATS once he really masters his craft. Even though this movie was a let down, I still feel like his best is yet to come.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
All I’m saying is the interactions between the white husband and wife had the theater laughing the most.

The husband was funny :manny:

They were a nice addition to the dark theme of the film

I wish they didn’t die so soon.

Plus their Clones were the most vicious :banderas:
:yeshrug: You probably saw the movie around cacs. Nobody laughed at them cacs outside them dying so quick

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I don’t think the why she stayed there is that important, on the real. At least in the larger scope of the movie. We don’t know how long she was cuffed to the bed, don’t know what the situation was like with her parents, or the full scope of her life down there. We just know what she told us and what’s on screen.

We do know the escalator only goes down, doesn’t go up, meaning that was a hindrance to the tethered in the first place unless you really really want to go up the down escalator. And at a young age, she learned to dance and was essentially crowed “special” by the tethered.

shyt for all we know, they never let her leave. In a movie where everything is airtight, that seems like a purposeful omission rather than a mistake

Never said it was a mistake just a keen observation that to me is valid... she’s shown to have gone out on her own before she’s certainly capable of exploring... they obviously went up and escaped eventually... her tethered obviously did it... I’m sure she coulda figured it out as well.

Last edited:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:yeshrug: You probably saw the movie around cacs. Nobody laughed at them cacs outside them dying so quick

The whole theater was black.

But different jokes different people laughed at

I’ll admit Lupita husband got the most laughs cause he was basically the comedic relief throughout the film

But nobody expected the white Family to be funny so they kinda stole a few scenes

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
But seriously, how fukking heavy was that damn coffee table?
:mjlol:

No lie, I just chalked up a lot of the goofy shyt like that in this film to the fact that it was a "horror" movie and the bar is lowered tremendously for horror flicks when it comes to everything making logical sense. I was thinking the same shyt tho. Like is the table bolted down to the floor or some shyt

:dead:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
She eventually got out of the handcuffs and when she did.... what happened?
I appreciate both sides of this plot hole. I'm generally okay with it, because...people are fukking weird. If you're a young child and you see YOURSELF strangle yourself, and you wake up chained to a bed and everyone around you looks like the people you just saw, including your parents, and you have no idea about what clones are, or anything like that...you may just go with it. or be paralyzed with fear. Or just think you had a psychotic break. Or maybe you just think you fukking dreamed the first years of your life and this is how things are now.

I mean who knows? It's kind of a plot hole for sure. I mean I get why some people can't get over it. Weirdly enough there are other plot holes that annoy me more than this one. The 'why didn't she just leave' plot hole is honestly not something I even thought about until I hopped on here a few hours after thinking about the movie. And believe me, I thought of a few other plot holes in that time.

I think this movie is really going to divide people that care about plot holes and people that don't. There are unquestionably people that are going to A: understandably think Peele is being given a pass because he's Peele. B: Other people are going to roll with it because it's Peele, and C: others are going to roll with it whether it was Peele or not. I think this are the 3 camps. For what it's worth, I think I'm 2/3rds in the C-camp and 1/3rd in the A-camp.