Upshaws: Mike Epps new tv show on Netflix

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
- about halfway through and i think its really good show :manny:
- i was def surprised how many times i actually laughed during an ep and how well its written
- usually these netflix comedies are no better than those tyler perry joints he had on tbs. but this joint couldve def been on regular tv.

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I liked this show a lot except for the gay son. His only emotion is passive aggression and the shyt just gets annoying after awhile. They’ll be in good comedic grove and here comes gay Eeyore to kill the vibe.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Show has funny moments. But those a distraction. The undertones and right in ya face “here’s what they think about you” is apparent. Even with how they make it blatant that it’s written or created by two women. All in first episode or two you see he has multiple children, one which he didn’t raise, one that’s with another woman whom happens to be an awfully careless mother. Kids grooming to be strippers, drug dealers, robbers. 13 saying damn at school like it’s nothing, which we did too but it’s different now as I’m not 13 anymore. Nothing cute about it. Dirty car, penny pinching, ehh idk it’s like I get it but the execution could be so much more thorough.

the one “legit” or “clean” black man happens to be a gay son. shyt yo what else lol Sheila c00ning. Just now seeing the boss was with a black woman but left her for a black woman, they still work under her this shyt wild.

like put this story as a drama and it’s an entirely different discussion.

STFU

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
@til november
How inspiring - another “lol teen pregnancy turned adult struggle situation comedy” . Let me guess Kim Fields is extra sassy and rolls her eyes at least 5 times per scene. First few minutes in episode 1-the little girl is pouring syrup in her cereal; they make a joke about diabetes and being broke. Mike Epps proceeds to say “ forget the coffee, I got something hot and black waiting for you right now”
tenor.gif

Yeah ....No. next
tenor.gif

I watched it a couple days ago and felt the same way...all the jokes were so predictable.