UPDATED: DRAKE - SCORPION - 740k total activity, 150-160k album

sporticus

https://bit.ly/36fn72e
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DAMN was digital only also

Not true. Both versions were available simultaneously, April 14.

1.jpg

Daps
not true most people are streaming music that why stream numbers also outnumber physicals

:mjlol: yea ok. If we took a poll on the Coli there would be more people who illegally download or digitally pay for the albums they want, the same as always. Millions upon millions of people throw the streaming services to the bushes after the free trial ends and they run out of email accounts :mjlol:

Daps
That's not the point.

They're trying to create a narrative that Drake somehow flopped because his "pure album sales" were 160,000 digital only and comparing him to artists that did bigger numbers off being available in both digital AND CD form.
in my book it flopped also because it was said that in less than an hour after being released, it had sold 30k copies. so it was expected a lot more, on both fronts. sales of digital copies, and streams, with speculation that it would hit 1billion streams worldwide. and since it did 300mill in one day, and they now are doubling down on the expectations, it means that the buzz died after the first day.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
It's not a flop but man the amount of money and dikkriding they had spotify doing those pure sales numbers are really telling of what's really good. Damn did 350k pure sales its first week with 600k total. KOD did 174k pure sales on 400k total. :francis:

For him to only do 150k pure sales on damn near 800k total? spotify was really pushing the fukk outta his shyt.

EDIT: Also can't forget the album length. This shyt is 25 songs while KOD is only 12 songs and DAMN is 14. So he basically made twice the album lengths they did to juice the numbers some more. But it's evident nikkas not really replaying that shyt. Also don't forget the singles Nice For What and Gods Plan juice the numbers too, I wouldn't be surprised if those 2 songs account for like 20% of the streaming numbers.
did Spotify users also get a notification when it dropped?
i got one for Apple Music and i've never EVER gotten a notification from that app ever. #thatagenda

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
did Spotify users also get a notification when it dropped?
i got one for Apple Music and i've never EVER gotten a notification from that app ever. #thatagenda
Idk I have apple Music and yup just like you I got that Look Alive notification. They gave me a free month just to listen to his album. With spotify they pretty much let him takeover the entire app. His album banner was everywhere and his picture was used on every single playlist even playlists that had nothing to do with his music (gospel, classical ,etc). Universal/Republic had to have spend some serious bread on that. 700k objectively looking at the numbers isn't a flop. But we don't know how much they spent. God's Plan video was like a million. I'm sure that Lauren sample for Nice For What wasn't cheap. Those billboards weren't cheap. That Michael Jackson vocal wasn't cheap. They probably also had to come up off some bread for the Aaliyah more than a woman interpolation. That Spotify takeover was probably expensive too (I doubt Spotify did that willingly on their own)

banner34

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: yea ok. If we took a poll on the Coli there would be more people who illegally download or digitally pay for the albums they want, the same as always. Millions upon millions of people throw the streaming services to the bushes after the free trial ends and they run out of email accounts :mjlol:
Millions more people are still streaming than purchasing physical

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
i
Idk I have apple Music and yup just like you I got that Look Alive notification. They gave me a free month just to listen to his album. With spotify they pretty much let him takeover the entire app. His album banner was everywhere and his picture was used on every single playlist even playlists that had nothing to do with his music (gospel, classical ,etc). Universal/Republic had to have spend some serious bread on that. 700k objectively looking at the numbers isn't a flop. But we don't know how much they spent. God's Plan video was like a million. I'm sure that Lauren sample for Nice For What wasn't cheap. Those billboards weren't cheap. That Michael Jackson vocal wasn't cheap. They probably also had to come up off some bread for the Aaliyah more than a woman interpolation. That Spotify takeover was probably expensive too (I doubt Spotify did that willingly on their own)
issa flop

drake is the biggest rap star and one of the biggest pop stars at least in north america if not the world. he released a double album with two HUGE singles he should have at least done 1 million