UPDATED: DRAKE - SCORPION - 740k total activity, 150-160k album

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
It’s not counting. Those sales aren’t in the bag. That is an updated projection based on activity to date. It means that the albums is being streamed less than expected when they did the initial projection.

So what’s the appropriate measure for a flop? Half what your last album did? Drake is projected at about 75% of what Views did. If he dips to 70% or below that’s not a flop to you?
It's not a flop he's outselling his contemporaries and 775K is a big number

Views had stronger singles and was more pop and the streaming rules were a bit different back then.

Why is he supposed to sell more than Views for it to not be a flop. :dwillhuh:

banner34

Superstar
Daps
The dying medium being what? Physical media? You realize you can purchase the full albums on all of these platforms, right?

nikka, yes his pure sales tell the real story because nobody is buying his album.
you can going purchase physical on iTunes not on the other platforms

Daps
Ppl don't buy CD's no more

I don't know anyone still buying CD's
neither do I. Who's talking about a cd? Who cares if it's physical or not. The album is for sale on iTunes and other platforms. There are still way more people that do not pay monthly for streaming services than the ones that do.

Drakes numbers should not be comparable to Jcoles or frank oceans, by his own standard that he constantly speaks about.

The way it's set up now, if 1,000 apple music subscribers downloaded and streamed Nasir and 1,000 apple music subscribers downloaded and streamed Scorpion, Scorpion will count for more sales just because the 1,000 Drake stans streamed it way more obsessively :mjlol:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
That's not the point.

They're trying to create a narrative that Drake somehow flopped because his "pure album sales" were 160,000 digital only and comparing him to artists that did bigger numbers off being available in both digital AND CD form.
iBut other Drake stans aresaying it's a dead medium that doesn't matter so is physical the reason Drake is outsold pure by Kendrick double?

ThaEruditious

She luv it over here like Gold Watch.
Daps
Reppin
Nashville/Augusta
That's not the point.

They're trying to create a narrative that Drake somehow flopped because his "pure album sales" were 160,000 digital only and comparing him to artists that did bigger numbers off being available in both digital AND CD form.

nikka didn't you just say CD was dead media?

:hula:

banner34

Superstar
Daps
neither do I. Who's talking about a cd? Who cares if it's physical or not. The album is for sale on iTunes and other platforms. There are still way more people that do not pay monthly for streaming services than the ones that do.

Drakes numbers should not be comparable to Jcoles or frank oceans, by his own standard that he constantly speaks about.

The way it's set up now, if 1,000 apple music subscribers downloaded and streamed Nasir and 1,000 apple music subscribers downloaded and streamed Scorpion, Scorpion will count for more sales just because the 1,000 Drake stans streamed it way more obsessively :mjlol:
not true most people are streaming music that why stream numbers also outnumber physicals

MrPentatonic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pure sales includes digital sales right? You can't buy drakes album on Apple Music? Most people aren't buying cds so Id say pure sales is mostly digital actual sales. Cole and Kendrick both beat him there.

Not surprised sales are bad. Album sucks. Him having to remake the whole album in a short time really ruined it. I'm sure he had a concept and like all his albums did but at the last minute he had to make it about his kid and Pusha T.

I hate when artists do this because its almost never results in better music