UPDATED: DRAKE - SCORPION - 740k total activity, 150-160k album

Daps
I do.

I pick the shortest song and leave it playing with the volume down in one of my computer tabs for like 2 or 4 days depending on the length of the song.

It's the quickest way to get to 1500 streams
But why tho? To help the artist? You are only streaming it 1500 times with the volume down because you've been told that 1500= a sale:mjlol:.

And while I respect your dedication I don't believe that a large number of people do this:mjlol:

ThaEruditious

She luv it over here like Gold Watch.
Daps
Reppin
Nashville/Augusta
double album
so it only really did 80k or so

Pusha T with the monumental W

While I'm not sure if they're still counting double albums as two units, the following was pretty interesting:

Greater emphasis to be given to paid subscription streams, with ad-supported activity remaining an important factor on the album & songs charts.

The adjustment to how Billboard applies streaming data to its charts was first announced in concept last October, and was followed by exhaustive industry discussion and internal analysis to arrive at the new methodology.

Currently, Billboard has two defined types of streaming plays for the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart (and our other genre-specific hybrid songs charts): on-demand (such as Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify and YouTube) and programmed (such as Pandora and Slacker Radio), with on-demand having a greater weight. The Billboard 200 albums chart -- and our other genre-based consumption-ranked albums charts -- uses a single tier (equating 1,500 streams as one album unit) for on-demand audio streams (paid or ad-supported) from subscription services. Video streams and programmed audio streams do not contribute to the Billboard 200’s calculations, but are incorporated into the Hot 100.

Beginning with the first week of Nielsen’s third quarter of 2018 (sales and streaming week of June 29 to July 5, which will be reflected on Billboard charts dated July 14), plays on paid subscription-based services (such as Apple Music and Amazon Music) or on the paid subscription tiers of hybrid paid/ad-supported platforms (such as Spotify and SoundCloud) will be given more weight in chart calculations than plays on ad-supported services (such as YouTube) or on the non-paid tiers of hybrid paid/ad-supported services.

Billboard will have multiple weighted tiers of streaming plays for the Hot 100, which take into account paid subscription streams (representing a full point value per play), ad-supported streams (representing a 2/3-point value per play) and programmed streams (representing a 1/2-point value per play). Those values are then applied to the chart’s formula alongside all-genre radio airplay and digital song sales data. Streaming remains the most dominant factor on the chart, followed by radio airplay and digital sales in descending order of significance.

The Billboard 200 will now include two tiers of on-demand audio streams. TIER 1: paid subscription audio streams (equating 1,250 streams to 1 album unit) and TIER 2: ad-supported audio streams (equating 3,750 streams to 1 album unit).

Streams from trial subscriptions that offer the same access and functionality as a paid tier will be considered TIER 1. At this juncture, the Billboard 200 will continue to not incorporate video streams. The Billboard 200 ranks the most popular albums of the week based on multimetric consumption, which includes traditional album sales, track equivalent albums (equating 10 sold tracks to 1 album unit), and streaming equivalent albums.

The shift to a multi-level streaming approach to Billboard’s chart methodology is reflective of a global push to measure streams in a revenue-reflective and access-based manner. Music is now being consumed on streaming services in more diverse ways, migrating from a pure on-demand experience to a more diverse selection of listening preferences (including playlists and radio) and the various options in which a consumer can access music differs based on their subscription commitment.

Beginning in 2019, the Billboard 200 will further separate paid subscription audio streams into two distinctive tiers, with the higher tier including paid subscriptions that provide full music library access and no restrictions on on-demand functionality and a secondary tier that reflects paid subscriptions that provide a partial music library and/or limited on-demand functionality. Beginning in the fourth quarter of 2018, the ratios for all the streaming tiers will be re-evaluated, with any changes implemented at the start of 2019.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Arent the numbers still counting?

It's only Monday, so Drake got till what ? Thursday or Friday to get a million

I'm gonna play the devil's advocate here.

The numbers can theoretically go up or down this early in the projections....but dropping 200,000 or so from the last projection is wild, and damn near unheard of.

Fred.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
But why tho? To help the artist? You are only streaming it 1500 times with the volume down because you've been told that 1500= a sale:mjlol:.

And while I respect your dedication I don't believe that a large number of people do this:mjlol:

Oh, no. I definitely know that almost no one else does this.

But to answer you, yes. To help the artists I like or respect.

I did it for Daytona recently...before that I did it for Kweli, I did it for A Boogie's new album...

For the ppl I like that I think need the sales. I love Hov and B but I didn't do it for them cause they don't need my.sales

The 1500 number is definitely arbitrary...but it's what counts as a sale

Daps
physical for damn came out a week after -- otherwise it would have leaked way earlier

:umad:

DAMN was digital only also

Naw, fam, DAMN.'s physical came out the day of. I bought it that day

Yes it was

@who killin it? Best Buy

Not true. Both versions were available simultaneously, April 14.

1.jpg
anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
While I'm not sure if they're still counting double albums as two units, the following was pretty interesting:

Greater emphasis to be given to paid subscription streams, with ad-supported activity remaining an important factor on the album & songs charts.

The adjustment to how Billboard applies streaming data to its charts was first announced in concept last October, and was followed by exhaustive industry discussion and internal analysis to arrive at the new methodology.

Currently, Billboard has two defined types of streaming plays for the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart (and our other genre-specific hybrid songs charts): on-demand (such as Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify and YouTube) and programmed (such as Pandora and Slacker Radio), with on-demand having a greater weight. The Billboard 200 albums chart -- and our other genre-based consumption-ranked albums charts -- uses a single tier (equating 1,500 streams as one album unit) for on-demand audio streams (paid or ad-supported) from subscription services. Video streams and programmed audio streams do not contribute to the Billboard 200’s calculations, but are incorporated into the Hot 100.

Beginning with the first week of Nielsen’s third quarter of 2018 (sales and streaming week of June 29 to July 5, which will be reflected on Billboard charts dated July 14), plays on paid subscription-based services (such as Apple Music and Amazon Music) or on the paid subscription tiers of hybrid paid/ad-supported platforms (such as Spotify and SoundCloud) will be given more weight in chart calculations than plays on ad-supported services (such as YouTube) or on the non-paid tiers of hybrid paid/ad-supported services.

Billboard will have multiple weighted tiers of streaming plays for the Hot 100, which take into account paid subscription streams (representing a full point value per play), ad-supported streams (representing a 2/3-point value per play) and programmed streams (representing a 1/2-point value per play). Those values are then applied to the chart’s formula alongside all-genre radio airplay and digital song sales data. Streaming remains the most dominant factor on the chart, followed by radio airplay and digital sales in descending order of significance.

The Billboard 200 will now include two tiers of on-demand audio streams. TIER 1: paid subscription audio streams (equating 1,250 streams to 1 album unit) and TIER 2: ad-supported audio streams (equating 3,750 streams to 1 album unit).

Streams from trial subscriptions that offer the same access and functionality as a paid tier will be considered TIER 1. At this juncture, the Billboard 200 will continue to not incorporate video streams. The Billboard 200 ranks the most popular albums of the week based on multimetric consumption, which includes traditional album sales, track equivalent albums (equating 10 sold tracks to 1 album unit), and streaming equivalent albums.

The shift to a multi-level streaming approach to Billboard’s chart methodology is reflective of a global push to measure streams in a revenue-reflective and access-based manner. Music is now being consumed on streaming services in more diverse ways, migrating from a pure on-demand experience to a more diverse selection of listening preferences (including playlists and radio) and the various options in which a consumer can access music differs based on their subscription commitment.

Beginning in 2019, the Billboard 200 will further separate paid subscription audio streams into two distinctive tiers, with the higher tier including paid subscriptions that provide full music library access and no restrictions on on-demand functionality and a secondary tier that reflects paid subscriptions that provide a partial music library and/or limited on-demand functionality. Beginning in the fourth quarter of 2018, the ratios for all the streaming tiers will be re-evaluated, with any changes implemented at the start of 2019.

They need to incorporate video streams for everyone, sometimes the video makes the song way more popular. Didn't they use fugazi video loops to boost Post Malone recently :mjpls:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It's a flop for Drake and his label and apple music. If this is where it lands off, it's a huge disappointment especially with just not pure sales but streaming wise too.

God Plan has the longest number 1 for 2018. It's a 25 track album. Record Label was hoping Drake could outsell anyone in the music industry today.

They released this project in the hopes to at least easily pass 1m, probably projecting for 1.5m sales.

The advertisement dollars pretty much made it clear they were hoping to hit the ballpark with this one. The million dollar donation from the record label. The expensive videos, the cameos etc. More Life came with zero music videos or long term hits.

Cole did 600K with no single. Kendrick did 600K with a 2 week old single.

Drake has had God Plan in the top 1-3 for the last 6 months (it was released in mid January).and just begun hitting rank 5. Same with Nice for what.

Anything under 1m-1.2m is embarrassing into today climate with all of the industry push for this album.

You summed it up perfectly. Plus with 25 tracks it should be doing waaaay more than his contemporaries because that counts as more fake streams :manny:

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is true, though.

I’m more concerned that’s all he’s selling from pure sales. That’s on par with Cardi almost:ohhh:

Yup, pure sales are the people who are actually your fans. The other shyts is just people listening because of hype from a really popular artist dropping something new.

Daps
Oh, no. I definitely know that almost no one else does this.

But to answer you, yes. To help the artists I like or respect.

I did it for Daytona recently...before that I did it for Kweli, I did it for A Boogie's new album...

For the ppl I like that I think need the sales. I love Hov and B but I didn't do it for them cause they don't need my.sales

The 1500 number is definitely arbitrary...but it's what counts as a sale
I respect that 100%.