UPDATED: DRAKE - SCORPION - 740k total activity, 150-160k album

sporticus

https://bit.ly/36fn72e
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He ain't outselling shyt. DAMN.'s 1st week pure sales was 353k

Fun fact: Cole outperformed Drake in actual album sales in 2018

That is straight up BAD for his standards. Out-done by all of his contemporaries.

Kendrick had a physical CD. As did Cole.

Drake has no physical disc. Doesn't drop til July 13.

I love the fact that everyone is leaving that out lmao

There is literally nothing physical to buy

Had there been, he'd have pushed yet another 300k

You guys hate this man so much, you're literally trying to Fox News this nikka to death hahaha. Ain't nobody hated a jew this much since Adolf

MMA

Superstar
Daps
It's a flop for Drake and his label and apple music. If this is where it lands off, it's a huge disappointment especially with just not pure sales but streaming wise too.

God Plan has the longest number 1 for 2018. It's a 25 track album. Record Label was hoping Drake could outsell anyone in the music industry today.

They released this project in the hopes to at least easily pass 1m, probably projecting for 1.5m sales.

The advertisement dollars pretty much made it clear they were hoping to hit the ballpark with this one. The million dollar donation from the record label. The expensive videos, the cameos etc. More Life came with zero music videos or long term hits.

Cole did 600K with no single. Kendrick did 600K with a 2 week old single.

Drake has had God Plan in the top 1-3 for the last 6 months (it was released in mid January).and just begun hitting rank 5. Same with Nice for what.

Anything under 1m-1.2m is embarrassing into today climate with all of the industry push for this album.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
....what? Scorpion has had months of hype, 2 MASSIVE singles, a beef with another rapper and the biggest streaming platform damn near included him in all of their playlists. Damn came out 2 weeks after The Heart Part IV with one huge single.
Don't do this. Pimp flopped and Interscope went crazy with the marketing dollars and payola on Damn. Humble premiered with a video and was immediately at the top of the Billboard.

ThaEruditious

She luv it over here like Gold Watch.
Daps
Reppin
Nashville/Augusta
Yeah a dying medium is what tells the real story :mjlol: :flabbynsick: :umad:

The dying medium being what? Physical media? You realize you can purchase the full albums on all of these platforms, right?

nikka, yes his pure sales tell the real story because nobody is buying his album.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Kendrick had a physical CD

Drake has no physical disc.

When you purchase the album let's say off of itunes you earn a pure sales. Do you know what you are talking about?

It's not a flop but man the amount of money and dikkriding they had spotify doing those pure sales numbers are really telling of what's really good. Damn did 350k pure sales its first week with 600k total. KOD did 174k pure sales on 400k total. :francis:

For him to only do 150k pure sales on damn near 800k total? spotify was really pushing the fukk outta his shyt.

EDIT: Also can't forget the album length. This shyt is 25 songs while KOD is only 12 songs and DAMN is 14. So he basically made twice the album lengths they did to juice the numbers some more. But it's evident nikkas not really replaying that shyt. Also don't forget the singles Nice For What and Gods Plan juice the numbers too, I wouldn't be surprised if those 2 songs account for like 20% of the streaming numbers.

This album is clearly a flop. His suppose to be doing Adele numbers with ease with the level of promotion. It looks to have a 6-10m dollar project cost. shyt God Plan was over 1m in cost itself.

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Kendrick had a physical CD. As did Cole.

Drake has no physical disc.

Now they gonna pretend Drake not having a physical disc is irrelevant :dead:

Spade281

Pro
Daps
It’s weird to say this, but anything under 900k to a milly for Drake is a flop, especially with his projections being as high as it was
And it was a double disc.

But I mean, it's still not a flop. Average album as usual for Drake nowadays