UPDATED: DRAKE - SCORPION - 740k total activity, 150-160k album

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I think this is why the industry is trying to go to full on stream mode... It doesn’t make sense to have close to a million so called sales with streaming and less than 500,000 physical sales. Somebody in the thread said it but those physical sales tell the real story.
Why? Record stores are closing down and streaming companies getting Ford Motors valuations. :dahell:

How hard is it to grasp technological changes?:dahell:

I’m more shocked about 300,000 young people going out to buy a Drake album. Unless it’s vinyl I don’t know anyone who 1. Doesn’t have a streaming account 2. buys cds/digital albums.

Last edited:

RAW_SPK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
N.I.N.
Drake stans in literally any other thread in the history of The Coli: "Streaming is the way people consume music now, physicals and/or copping music been dead breh."

Drake stans in this thread: "Just wait until the physical copies come out!"

dpGPX6Q.gif

Fred.

:russ:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
i'm still confused...those streaming numbers add "God's Plan" and "Nice For What" right??? i thought those alone would push it past platinum...

and are the physical sales doubled like they usually do for double albums???
I believe only the streams from that week count (with regards to God's Plan and NFW). They don't count the streams prior to the album's release. It is counted with regards to the RIAA gold, plat, etc certification however (that's why certain albums are deemed eligible to be gold, platinum, etc prior to release).

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Nobody buys music anymore. Best Buy just quit selling CDs the other day. Only old people do that.
:PGucci:
There’s been numerous examples in this thread of artists who have higher actual sales than Drake is currently projected to sell recently :PGucci:
Including Logic :PPicard:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I’ll leave this here for Hex, God III and whatever their names are
Home

They pay the labels billions, sales and revenues are increasing in the record industry due to streaming.

And they are not allowed to cook numbers, it’s investor fraud.
You think Apple is risking their whole business for toung black men talking about broads? :snoop:

Of course they're not allowed, they'll still do it anyway.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Nah. That next Em album will sell even less than than Revival :PPicard:
Em is done :pdahellclean:

Eminem had low sales(for him) with relapse due to the content...His album sales double when he released Recovery.Eminem's last album had low sales because he went at Trump,his fans,the Cops...plus the content sucked.

I think Eminem's last album doing so poorly,and people trashing it, will really motivate not only him,but also his record label to put out a better product.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Just something to think about.....Eminem's last album was:

1.Poorly promoted
2.Had no music video prior to it's release
3.Wasn't getting radio spins
4.Had no buzz
5.Was getting trash by black and white people on social media

And he still managed to sell 197,000 albums.

banner34

Superstar
Daps
I think this is why the industry is trying to go to full on stream mode... It doesn’t make sense to have close to a million so called sales with streaming and less than 500,000 physical sales. Somebody in the thread said it but those physical sales tell the real story.
nobody is really selling big numbers in physicals in this era this a streaming era cds are gone and no need to buy it digital if you have apple music or spotify

wingstop

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
outbackbread
i'm still confused...those streaming numbers add "God's Plan" and "Nice For What" right??? i thought those alone would push it past platinum...

and are the physical sales doubled like they usually do for double albums???
They don't count for the first week but it does after

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What is NeoGAF?

Was one of the biggest gaming sites on the planet....but it was full of Trump supporters, low key racists, and/or LGBT supporters....actually supporters is a bad word to use....I'd say people overly obsessed with defending that shyt and/or simping to the extreme (defending women that wrongly accused men of rape, etc.)....anyway, I never had an account over there but if you're a gamer you'd occasionally hear about NeoGAF because they'd have exclusive info and/or devs would post there.

I don't believe in karma but the universe has a sense of humor....the owner of that site got accused of sexually assaulting a girl and most of the people bounced and formed a new site. NeoGAF still exists but it's a shell of it's former self.

Anyway, they had a weird obsession with this site....a strange admiration almost. They'd link posts from here, threads, steal memes and smilies, etc.

Fred.

wise prophet

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was one of the biggest gaming sites on the planet....but it was full of Trump supporters, low key racists, and/or LGBT supporters....actually supporters is a bad word to use....I'd say people overly obsessed with defending that shyt and/or simping to the extreme (defending women that wrongly accused men of rape, etc.)....anyway, I never had an account over there but if you're a gamer you'd occasionally hear about NeoGAF because they'd have exclusive info and/or devs would post there.

I don't believe in karma but the universe has a sense of humor....the owner of that site got accused of sexually assaulting a girl and most of the people bounced and formed a new site. NeoGAF still exists but it's a shell of it's former self.

Anyway, they had a weird obsession with this site....a strange admiration almost. They'd link posts from here, threads, steal memes and smilies, etc.

Fred.

Funny thing about NeoGaf is that it went from seemingly super liberal (at least when it comes to women and LGBT) to practically full blown alt right once the owner got MeToo'd. :russ: