Update: Help me make an American Christmas dinner for the first time.

Which of these are Christmas dinner essentials

• Potato Salad is must

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Banana Pudding with merengue

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Banana pudding without merengue

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Canned Ham

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Smoked Ham

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • Apple Sauce

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Cranberry Sauce

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • You missed something, I’ve added post below.

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Yep. I hate to be negative, but this ain't gon turn out the way she thinks it is. She don't even know how the stuff supposed to taste :snoop:
And you know how Black are... they will flame you for years if the food ain't right. That's too much time, money and effort to have to put up with that BS.

Daps
And you know how Black are... they will flame you for years if the food ain't right. That's too much time, money and effort to have to put up with that BS.

I think where you and I disagree is that I love the fact that she cares and loves her man so deeply that she wants to do it. I just think she should put all that love and energy into doing something different for him.

You're automatically assuming he doesn't deserve it :to:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I mean are the leaves meant to be mushy after cooking, or are they still going to have a bite, like fried cabbage? A little integrity to the leaves, I guess is the terminology.
I like this phrasing. Typically, ppl cook them ALL THE WAY DOWN. I disagree with this. I personally appreciate a little integrity in my leaves, but my mother always cooked 'healthy soul.'

Also, if you still in the cooking mood, Hopping John for NYE. It's supposedly good luck, we do it every year. Also, after the ball drops, make him go outside and come back in. A man has to be the first to cross the threshold on New Years, also good luck. We used to make my brother do it. :pachaha:

He'll be surprised that you know these things and you will snatch his soul more firmly. Get 'em, girl. 😉

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
Bro, just buy it from a restaurant and pick it up before everyone wakes up/comes home.

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
Okay...however, Thanksgiving is a family orientation holiday with family contributions. Most people do that by having having family cook different dishes or bring different dishes. The point of 1 person doing all the cooking defeats the purpose. Putting food on the table is 1 part of the holiday, but it doesn't make the holiday.

At the very least he's should be covering the cost of the food. If not you're doing it wrong. Thanksgiving is suppose to be reciprocal.

Anyway, I recommend a lady on YouTube called "Divas Can Cook." She has really good recipes.
This is for Christmas and he will be buying the ingredients. I’ll check out Divas can cook and see what I can find. I’ve heard about that page before but have never checked it out.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
People make Christmas dinners?:wtf:

I thought it was more of a morning holiday:ohhh:

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
That nxgga gon be sick the day after Christmas, no offense to OP.

Yep. I hate to be negative, but this ain't gon turn out the way she thinks it is. She don't even know how the stuff supposed to taste :snoop:
Why you hating on my efforts man? Nothing will be inedible. I’m not guessing what the ingredients are going to be so I have a rough idea of where it’s going. It’s not rocket science and I’ve made most of the things in one capacity or another.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
I think where you and I disagree is that I love the fact that she cares and loves her man so deeply that she wants to do it. I just think she should put all that love and energy into doing something different for him.

You're automatically assuming he doesn't deserve it :to:
You always looking for a fight. Where did I say he doesn't deserve it?

The actual difference between me and everyone else who commented, including yourself, is I actually looked at how this act would help and benefit her. I gave advice on how to practically do the task with the highest likelihood for success.

1. Keep it simple
2. Make sure the man is paying for the ingredients
3. Get help (obviously b/c she not familiar with dishes)

I know this is going to be a wild concept but...women should not be endlessly self sacrificing to keep men happy. It's 2023, we're off that. She deserves to have a Thanksgiving too which is family, equal contributions and good food; not one person doing all the work to impress others.

*Idk where I got Thanksgiving from lol but Christmas dinner has the same implications.

Daps
Why you hating on my efforts man? Nothing will be inedible. I’m not guessing what the ingredients are going to be so I have a rough idea of where it’s going. It’s not rocket science and I’ve made most of the things in one capacity or another.

:ld: I thought you said in the OP that you're not sure how it's supposed to taste.

I don't believe in cooks who cook things they've never even tasted before. Sorry :manny:

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
This is for Christmas and he will be buying the ingredients. I’ll check out Divas can cook and see what I can find. I’ve heard about that page before but have never checked it out.
Cool. Yes I get a lot of recipes from her and she has different versions of the same recipes to fit your taste and aesthetic. Good luck!

Daps
You always looking for a fight. Where did I say he doesn't deserve it?

The actual difference between me and everyone else who commented, including yourself, is I actually looked at how this act would help and benefit her. I gave advice on how to practically do the task with the highest likelihood for success.

1. Keep it simple
2. Make sure the man is paying for the ingredients
3. Get help (obviously b/c she not familiar with dishes)

I know this is going to be a wild concept but...women should not be endlessly self sacrificing to keep men happy. It's 2023, we're off that. She deserves to have a Thanksgiving too which is family, equal contributions and good food; not one person doing all the work to impress others.

But what if they endlessly sacrificing for each other, Pearl? I know @Caca-faat loves this man cause she was on here last year asking the brehs for outfit advice cause she wanted to make her man happy. You look down on women going above and beyond for men and that makes me sad.