Update: Help me make an American Christmas dinner for the first time.

Which of these are Christmas dinner essentials

• Potato Salad is must

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Banana Pudding with merengue

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Banana pudding without merengue

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Canned Ham

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Smoked Ham

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • Apple Sauce

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Cranberry Sauce

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • You missed something, I’ve added post below.

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
There isn’t one American Christmas dinner.

A lot of people cook non traditional stuff because they don’t want to eat the same shyt they ate for Thanksgiving for another week.

The generic holiday meal in a black American Southern household would probably be something like:

Turkey
Baked Ham
Fried Chicken
Some sort of fish depending on region
Stuffing
Collard greens
Candy yams (I know it’s candied)
Cabbage
mac & cheese
Potato salad
Dinner rolls
Cakes
Sweet potato pie

Chitterlings if it’s a really black household

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Babes where are the yams, mashed potatoes with gray, baked mac n cheese and sweet potato pie?

Last edited:

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
There isn’t one American Christmas dinner.

A lot of people cook non traditional stuff because they don’t want to eat the same shyt they ate for Thanksgiving for another week.

The generic holiday meal in a black American Southern household would probably be something like:

Turkey
Baked Ham
Fried Chicken
Some sort of fish depending on region
Stuffing
Collard greens
Candy yams (I know it’s candied)
Cabbage
mac & cheese
Potato salad
Dinner rolls
Cakes
Sweet potato pie

Chitterlings if it’s a really black household
I may do some stuffed salmon. I’m definitely not doing chitterlings.

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
Babes where are the yams, mashed potatoes with gray, baked mac n cheese and sweet potato pie?
I put all that in my original post, he doesn’t want sweet potato pie, he wants banana pudding. I forgot to add mash but I’m definitely doing that.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Already good advice in the thread. I'll just add that it's ridiculous for you to have to cook a feast of food that you've never cooked before. I hope he's helping you. Thanksgiving dinner usually takes at least a day to make, as in a whole 24 to 48 hours, and that's with multiple people helping.

Don't go overboard because if he isn't appreciative or doesn't like it, you are gonna be pissed. Please stick to 3 to 4 dishes max with 1 dessert. Less is more.

PS He needs to cover the cost of all the ingredients.

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
Already good advice in the thread. I'll just add that it's ridiculous for you to have to cook a feast of food that you've never cooked before. I hope he's helping you. Thanksgiving dinner usually takes at least a day to make, as in a whole 24 to 48 hours, and that's with multiple people helping.

Don't go overboard because if he isn't appreciative or doesn't like it, you are gonna be pissed. Please stick to 3 to 4 dishes max with 1 dessert. Less is more.

I want to do it, it’s not a requirement, I usually make Christmas dinner for up to 20 by myself so it’s no biggie.

Daps

Yep. I hate to be negative, but this ain't gon turn out the way she thinks it is. She don't even know how the stuff supposed to taste :snoop:

The BasedFather

Task Force
Daps
Reppin
Bltch Mob
Main foods:
Yams
Baked Mac n cheese
Collard greens
Stuffing
Baked beans
Turkey

For dessert:
Sweet potato pie
Peach cobbler
Some kind of cheesecake
Chocolate cake

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
I want to do it, it’s not a requirement, I usually make Christmas dinner for up to 20 by myself so it’s no biggie.
Okay...however, Thanksgiving is a family orientation holiday with family contributions. Most people do that by having having family cook different dishes or bring different dishes. The point of 1 person doing all the cooking defeats the purpose. Putting food on the table is 1 part of the holiday, but it doesn't make the holiday.

At the very least he's should be covering the cost of the food. If not you're doing it wrong. Thanksgiving is suppose to be reciprocal.

Anyway, I recommend a lady on YouTube called "Divas Can Cook." She has really good recipes.

Last edited: