Update: #EndBadGovernanceInNigeria Protest 8/1/24 [Official 9ja 2023 Presidential Elections Thread]

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
If you don’t have faith in his uncertain intentions at least have a little faith in his proven ambition.

If Bola plays his cards right he can ascend from the “Godfather of Lagos” to the “Godfather of Nigeria/Africa”.

He’s already the richest and most powerful Yoruba, the only thing left for him is to try and win over everybody else.

I can’t relate to the shock and disappointment that everybody else is feeling because I expected this outcome from the very beginning. It’s was the obvious end of this story, Nigeria is a simple place with predictable writing.

You said Nigeria would become the DRC but Nigerians are too apathetic for anything to really happen.

The Yorubas are happy they got their guy,

the Muslims are happy they got their guy.

Igbos are upset but not upset enough to spark violence about it, and the ones willing to spark violence don’t care about this outcome that much.

Overall we’re better off still simply because of Buhari being gone.

“Godfather of Africa”…tufiakwa gi!

Godfather politics is against the ethos of our people. As a republican in the classical Igbo political tradition, I reject it.

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
@ignorethis you mentioned the transitioned to BRICS that would be a hell of a move if he was able to accomplish that but I still feel like the west will find a way to get him in there back pocket. They’ve been trying to stamp out BRICS for a while especially with Chinas involvement
Lol the US probably still wanna arrest him, lol if that man ever steps foot in the White House or the USA in general I’ll be surprised.

They went against him in the election, they tried to arrest him in America, they exposed to the whole world that he was a drug dealer.

What else can they do to him other than try and kill him at this point.

If I were him I would be holding a grudge against the West, and we know he’s not a “take the high ground” type of dude lol. The West needs Africa right now, Africa doesn’t really need the West at this moment.

The same way Nigerians noticed the West backing Obi, China definitely noticed it too.

Knowing China, they’ll see this as a perfect chance to align with the guy their opponents didn’t want to win. Everything is lining up perfect for them.

Last edited:

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Lol the US probably still wanna arrest him, lol if that man ever steps foot in the White House or the USA in general I’ll be surprised.

They went against him in the election, they tried to arrest him in America, they exposed to the whole world that he was a drug dealer.

What else can they do to him other than try and kill him at this point.

If I were him I would be holding a grudge against the West, and we know he’s not a “take the high ground” type of dude lol. The West needs Africa right now, Africa doesn’t really need the West at this moment.

The same way Nigerians noticed the West backing Obi, China definitely noticed it too.

Knowing China, they’ll see this as a perfect chance to align with the guy their opponents didn’t want to win. Everything is lining up perfect for them.

This isn’t right. Africa needs the West as the West is Africa’s biggest lender.

Africans need lenient debt payment schedules as the Fed raises interest rates

Daps
Can any of my African brothas give me a summary on the controversy surrounding this election:feedme:

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
This isn’t right. Africa needs the West as the West is Africa’s biggest lender.

Africans need lenient debt payment schedules as the Fed raises interest rates
The West is Africa’s biggest lender because they were the only option for the majority of our modern existence.

Our crooked political class eats good off those Western loans, but do they really help anybody in Africa most of the time?

China is only going to increase their African investment, Saudi Arabia is only going to increase their African investments, Turkey and Russia are factors in Africa now.

The Western states that Africa relied on for loans are about to start having to worry about their own internal issues and austerity crises.

Mark my words in the next 10 years African nations are about to start running off again and defaulting on certain Western debt while paying their Chinese debts and whatever other countries they still think are important enough to pay.

Read this

Eurobonds at higher non-payment risk

Eurobonds are not the only financial obligations for African countries, which will need to make a total of $185 billion in loan repayments between 2022 and 2024. Most African states have borrowed commercially from banks and export credit agencies, bilaterally from other governments, concessionally from development banks or multilateral financial institutions, or from Chinese state-controlled entities. However, a default event is more likely to occur on a Eurobond tranche payment or capital repayment, than on any other form of obligation.

Zambia has continued to make payments to the World Bank, some banks and ECAs, and Chinese entities, even while ceasing to pay interest due on its sole external bond. Even though Eurobond structures may not always be more onerous in terms of servicing cost, they are complex to restructure, while the broader socioeconomic and political implications of stopping or delaying payments to China or development banks are often far more serious.

Lol the Europeans are already worried that Africa isn’t going to pay them on their bonds.

It’s deeper than money at this point, Africans don’t like the West and now we have a generation of leaders across Africa that don’t like the West deep down and have a reliable ally in China.

These Africa leaders are talking big shyt to their Western counterparts now, this is a new world, we’re living in the Chinese century and but Africa knows we got next.

These cacs can’t talk down to us anymore, we don’t have to be their vassals anymore.

Last edited:

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
lol you guys hear them trying to starting passing off a muslim-muslim ticket. lol went straight into religion ffs already :snoop:

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
Twitter thread started by someone who personally experienced Peter Obi's governance and predicted his bid for presidency in 2020.

The responses are filled with people sharing their experiences.

Good account of his leadership chops.

Last edited: