Update: #EndBadGovernanceInNigeria Protest 8/1/24 [Official 9ja 2023 Presidential Elections Thread]

www.THUG.com

Trick Love Da Kids!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
Nigeria has 36 states.

Each state is divided into LGAs (Local Government Areas).

Each LGA is divided into Wards.

Each Ward is comprised of PU's (Polling Units)

Most of the votes being posted on Twitter are coming from the individual PUs and wards. Some units/wards are bigger than others.

All the unit results will be added to get the final Ward results. All the Ward results will give you the LGA results. All the LGA results will give you the winner of the state.

Please note that most results being posted online should be taken with a grain of salt, including my own. INEC will start to announce official results by 11/12pm CT.

Thanks! I've seen LGA on the visa application and never knew what it meant.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
That's called Puff Puff. They're sweet, served warm, and taste very good. They taste similar to donut holes.
Say less. I gotta try some if I ever get the chance.

giphy.gif

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
So far, it looks like APC is doing well in the South West, PDP is doing well in the North and LP is doing well in the East and South-South.

The hope is that APC and PDP split votes in the North. Outside of Lagos, it seems Peter Obi isn't making much traction in the West and not making much traction in the North outside of Abuja (both cosmopolitan states/cities).

Seems people are largely voting along tribal and ethnic lines, so nothing has really changed much. Record voter turnout would likely suggest an Obi win, but this has largely been controlled by voter suppression.

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
And no. Most of Nigeria's wealth and resources comes from the Niger Delta region of Nigeria and not Igboland. Igbos are in the SouthEast region of Nigeria and are completely separate from Niger Deltans.
For the most part. There are Delta Igbos and also Igbos in Rivers state.

Also Abia and Imo are both oil producing states.

Hydroking23

Gunners for Life!
Daps
Reppin
Michigan Avenue & Aba Road
For the most part. There are Delta Igbos and also Igbos in Rivers state.

Also Abia and Imo are both oil producing states.
Agreed. My point was that a majority of the oil, gas and other resources comes from states like Rivers, Akwa-Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta, Edo and Ondo. Igbos are also minorities in Delta, no? Rivers is funny because tribes like Ikwerre, Etche and Ndoni have obvious Igbo roots, but Igbos refuse to claim them :russ:

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
So where does the reluctance to put an Igbo in charge come from?

They've had Hausa and Yoruba presidents since Biafra. Is the reasoning because of that war......is it simple "we want our team to win shyt" or is there something more fundamental going on?

Also....is most of the wealth/resources in Igboland?
Majority of the petroleum and natural gas is in the southeast and “south-south” regions (south-south is a made up descriptor to sow division between igbos and their neighbors).

The Anambra basin is the largest store of geocarbons in subsaharan Africa.
Agreed. My point was that a majority of the oil, gas and other resources comes from states like Rivers, Akwa-Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta, Edo and Ondo. Igbos are also minorities in Delta, no? Rivers is funny because tribes like Ikwerre, Etche and Ndoni have obvious Igbo roots, but Igbos refuse to claim them :russ:
You have it backwards.

They refuse to claim Igbo even though DNA evidence shows they originated from Igbo. They have pride in their new identities.

You ask any Igbo person and they’ll say those are just Igbo subgroups.

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
Igbos are the minority sure..but the state capital is Asaba (which is Igbo) and the recent governor (now vice-Presidential candidate under PDP) is Igbo.