UPD: BIDEN NOT RUNNING FOR RE-ELECTION 2024. ENDORSES KAMALA HARRIS 2024!

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man we really are gonna get trump again. This is fukked…

If I’m the Democratic Party I’m doing everything I could to keep Biden in this. He’s our best chance to beat trump.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
🚨

Pelosi has told House Democrats that Biden may soon be persuaded to e…
Marianna SotomayorJuly 18, 2024 at 6:17 p.m. EDT

Former House speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is telling House Democrats she thinks President Biden can be convinced fairly soon that its time to exit his reelection race) Photo by Jabin Botsford/The Washington Post)
Former House speaker Nancy Pelosi has told some House Democrats she believes President Biden can be convinced fairly soon to exit the presidential race amid serious doubts he can win in November, according to three Democratic officials familiar with her private discussions.
Following Biden’s halting debate performance, and the panic it unleashed among Democrats in and outside of Washington, Pelosi is taking a strong, behind-the-scenes role in trying to resolve the political crisis by playing intermediary for upset rank-and-file Democrats and relaying those messages to the White House.

The former speaker, who left her leadership post in 2022 but still wields enormous clout, has told California Democrats and some members of House leadership that she thinks Biden is getting close to deciding to abandon his presidential bid. Some Democrats fear that by staying in, Biden will end up handing the White House to Donald Trump, three Democratic officials said.

Story continues below advertisement

Pelosi’s aides declined to address her talks with her colleagues while dismissing the media “feeding frenzy” about her discussions with Biden.

Follow Election 2024

“Speaker Pelosi respects the confidentiality of her meetings and conversations with the president of the United States,” a spokesperson for the former speaker said.

Biden’s campaign advisers continued Thursday to dismiss talk of replacing him on the ballot. “I don’t want to be rude but I don’t know how many more times we can answer that. Joe Biden has said he is running for President of the United States. Our campaign is moving forward,” Quentin Folks, deputy campaign manager, told reporters at a news conference outside the Republican National Committee in Milwaukee.

Concerns among Democrats about Biden’s bid have increased in recent days. Along with Pelosi, other Democratic leaders like former president Barack Obama, House Speaker Hakeem Jeffries (N.Y.) and Senate Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer (N.Y.), have conveyed their concerns about Biden’s continuing candidacy to the White House. Jeffries and Schumer told Biden directly in separate meetings that his continued candidacy imperils the Democratic Party’s ability to control either chamber of Congress next year. And Obama has told allies in recent days that Biden needs to seriously reconsider the viability of his candidacy.
Pelosi spoke out publicly about a week ago, suggesting Biden needed to make a “decision” about whether to run, even though the president had already insisted he was in the race to stay. At a campaign news conference in Milwaukee on Thursday morning, Biden’s principal deputy campaign manager, Quentin Fulks, rebuffed the notion that the president might step aside. “I don’t want to be rude, but I don’t know how many times we can say this: President Biden is staying in this race,” Fulks said.

Democratic leaders, including Pelosi, do not seem persuaded.

While she is not actively seeking out them out, Pelosi has sent word to House Democrats, particularly those facing tough reelection bids this fall, that she is open to talking through the White House political crisis and how to handle the matter, according multiple House Democratic lawmakers and aides.

The former speaker took detailed notes during these discussions, particularly on polling data from the lawmakers in their races and about Biden’s standing in those key districts, according to the Democrat, who requested anonymity to discuss the sensitive conversations.

These talks, along with private polling data, informed Pelosi’s thinking as she maneuvers through the sensitive discussions with Biden and his inner circle.

In a recent discussion with Biden, Pelosi rejected the president’s assertion that he was doing fine in the polls and asked for him to bring a senior adviser into the talk so they could compare in detail their divergent internal polling, according to one person familiar with the conversation.

Now 84 and back among the rank and file, Pelosi retains a large degree of clout at both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue. Many lawmakers view her as the best Democrat to deliver the tough message to Biden, in part because he views her as a contemporary with her own legacy.

Pelosi also has no individual political aspirations left, having retired from leadership 18 months ago after 20 years leading House Democrats. She doesn’t have to worry about the ramifications of telling senior leaders what they don’t want to hear, these Democrats say, and the new House leadership appreciates an extra voice in trying to help push Biden into retirement.

But Democrats who want to push Biden aside warn that doing so is far from a certain outcome. “It’s a work in progress,” one Democratic lawmaker said, requesting anonymity to discuss conversations the former speaker has had with members of the California delegation.

Leigh Ann Caldwell and Ashley Parker contributed to this report

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Gavin and Gretchen aren't going to a make failed fluke run now and then have that stench on them in 2028. Pretty much two months left, this is similar to how people were begging Biden to run in late 2016 when there was only a few months left and he admitted it was logically too late for any real campaign. It's not smart.

Both of them want to run proper campaigns so they can improve upon their errors with better agendas and policies...a lot of you seem to have made up your mind that they'd win by default despite the short amount of time left but they both know it's a bad time.
Newsome is probably the only front runner candidate with the rhetorical skills to jump right in and not miss a beat.

His handicap is similar to Hillary in that the Republicans have been running that “ coastal elite liberal telling real America what to do” slogan that he’s going to need to overcome it to win those narrow Republican voters to increase his margins

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
The Coli has been in denial of Biden's decline....:hubie: Yall wouldnt even allow anyone to talk about it:francis:
now yall makin multiple thread coz the media that was leadin this denial has turned on him:martin:
Nah not all of us. Some of us wanted him to bow out 2 years ago.

So we could have a normal primary.

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
Yea no the word is going around. He’s most likely out by this weekend :francis:
The propaganda is spreading, you mean.

It just seems weird that the Democratic Party would throw away an election at the last minute, when this would've been the easiest Democratic win in years

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Dems best chance is for Biden to stay in, somehow beat Trump, and immediately step down to hand it to Kamala or whatever.

But this is too much chatter for me to think the Dems really have a shot. I didn't think they had much of one in the first place though.

Justise M

Superstar
Daps
Man we really are gonna get trump again. This is fukked…

If I’m the Democratic Party I’m doing everything I could to keep Biden in this. He’s our best chance to beat trump.

Brace for impact. It's happening.

Doesn't matter what Dems do at this point. Trump is winning.

They did it to themselves too. In this corner because they don't care about what their people want. Not having a real primary and let voters be heard is chickens coming home to roost