UPD: BIDEN NOT RUNNING FOR RE-ELECTION 2024. ENDORSES KAMALA HARRIS 2024!

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
People really act like the Democratic Party is some open opportunity where everyone can run. Don’t get me wrong, the rethugs are similar. But they have less strict infrastructure and organization. You will never see a Trump like figure rise up and take over. Don’t mention no Obama like that morning Joe viewer did earlier. Obama was a long time big city machine backed politician surrounded by numerous ex Clinton hacks when he announced. And he was against one of the least talented, disliked politicians in American history(Hilary) Dems made sure to screw Sanders constantly instead of embracing him like Rethugs did with Trump. They thought Biden out there as a last resort. He barely beat Trump at his most incompetent moments. They knew he was demented and losing a step then which is why there were immediate rumors of him being one term after he won. The made sure he had no opposition this cycle by pulling fukkery tricks like moving around primaries. But now that they can’t hide his flaws and everyone in their mother can see, they want to replace him.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby

Sharpton Says He Told Biden That Staying in Race Could Imperil His Legacy
The message of the call, which Rev. Al Sharpton said took place on Monday, represents a break from the solid core of support influential Black leaders have shown toward President Biden.

July 18, 2024, 4:02 p.m. ET
The Rev. Al Sharpton said Thursday that he had told President Biden it was time for “a serious calculation” of his standing in the presidential campaign and that remaining in the race could imperil much of Mr. Biden’s legacy as president.

“I said that whatever he does, I’ll always respect what we’ve done together,” Mr. Sharpton said in a phone interview. “I was not one to push him out of the race, but he needs to take a serious calculation of where we’re at because I’m afraid all of the things we fought for because voting rights and affirmative action is at risk.”

The message of the call, which Mr. Sharpton said took place on Monday, represents a significant break from what has been a solid core of support from influential Black leaders for Mr. Biden to continue his campaign.

So far, no Black members of Congress have joined the calls for Mr. Biden to quit his campaign in the wake of his calamitous debate performance last month. Many of them have issued strong statements of support. Black voters propelled Mr. Biden to victory in the 2020 Democratic primary.

Mr. Sharpton said Mr. Biden told him on the call that he planned to remain in the race.

“He called me to let me know that he was hanging in the race no matter what I heard,” Mr. Sharpton said. “He said, ‘If anything changes, I’ll reach out.’”

Mr. Sharpton said he told Mr. Biden to “not be emotional” about staying in the race. He said he urged Mr. Biden to consult polling data and warned him against dismissing signs that suggest he should not continue running.

The president, Mr. Sharpton said, seemed to need someone to talk to about his predicament.

“I got the feeling that he was trying to say to me that he is still running as much as he was telling himself to stay in the race,” Mr. Sharpton said. “He did not want me to join the chorus of people asking him to step aside.”

Mr. Sharpton said Mr. Biden was “shook up” about reports that Representative Nancy Pelosi of California, the former House speaker, was maneuvering to put pressure on the president to quit the race. Mr. Sharpton said he did not explicitly urge Mr. Biden to quit the race but warned him of the consequences of remaining in.

“He could walk away with one of the greatest legacies in American history from some of the things he’s done and I don’t think that ought to be marred in any way,” Mr. Sharpton said. “He must make sure he doesn’t mar it in any way by risking it and being emotional and doing something that leads to a defeat.”

Joe got his own team defending him with the Box and 1 :wow:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
And these idiots also screwed up by putting Kamala on the ticket aka the second least talented politician behind Hilary. So now you can’t even run someone who can win like Witmer or Shapiro, a popular battleground state governor from the Midwest because you risk the awful narrative of replacing a woman of color. The better pray Trump rears his usual incompetence from now to No

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Att this point that much is clear.

Most other Dems know it. The problem is that it seems impossible to convince Biden that Biden is the problem. :francis:
Every day it feels closer to happening. Basically it's about how much Biden and his family want him to embarrass himself.

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
what has kamala done to prove that she "must" be at the top of the ticket?
Kamala will be the pick by default since she's VP, they're not going to skip over her because it'll cause more turmoil and dysfunction besides it's US tradition that the VP is second in command to step up once the president steps down.

Sidestepping her will further devalue the vice president position and sends a bad message overall about future VPs.

Y'all keep bringing up Gavin, Gretchen, etc when they've made it clear they're not interested in running this year..y'all not even listening to them...and the Dems aren't going to pick some nobody (no offense to that person) most people have no clue exists.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"devalue the VP position"? gimme a break :mjlol: if people don't want the VP nod, they're free to turn it down in the future

and this really has nothing to do with the future at all. it's a one off fluke, that will literally never happen again. no party will make this mistake with an old nominee, ever again

and that's bullshyt about gavin and gretchen. they aren't saying that in private, just in public. they'd take it in a second

Unbothered

Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
"devalue the VP position"? gimme a break :mjlol: if people don't want the VP nod, they're free to turn it down in the future

and this really has nothing to do with the future at all. it's a one off fluke, that will literally never happen again. no party will make this mistake with an old nominee, ever again

and that's bullshyt about gavin and gretchen. they aren't saying that in private, just in public. they'd take it in a second
Kamala, Gavin, Gretchen, etc are all a part of the new regime. That's why Gavin has made it clear he's not interested right now, and Gretchen has been pretty quiet possibly hinting that she's not interested either. That's why if Biden steps down Kamala would be next in line but I don't she wants it either, not because she isn't confident in herself but because she like the others is waiting for 2028 so they each can better position themselves and approve upon their agendas and potential campaigns to have a better chance.

Right now isn't the best for them, especially with the short amount of time left we're almost in August...which is why the major Dem candidates that could take over if Biden steps down aren't supportive of the idea of Joe stepping down.

Gavin and Gretchen aren't going to a make failed fluke run now and then have that stench on them in 2028. Pretty much two months left, this is similar to how people were begging Biden to run in late 2016 when there was only a few months left and he admitted it was logically too late for any real campaign. It's not smart.

Both of them want to run proper campaigns so they can improve upon their errors with better agendas and policies...a lot of you seem to have made up your mind that they'd win by default despite the short amount of time left but they both know it's a bad time.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gavin and Gretchen aren't going to a make failed fluke run now and then have that stench on them in 2028. Pretty much two months left, this is similar to how people were begging Biden to run in late 2016 when there was only a few months left and he admitted it was logically too late for any real campaign. It's not smart.

Both of them want to run proper campaigns so they can improve upon their errors with better agendas and policies...a lot of you seem to have made up your mind that they'd win by default despite the short amount of time left but they both know it's a bad time.
this isn't true. trump '24 is the most beatable candidate the dems will face in this century, and nothing is guaranteed about 2028. plus, gavin and gretch are out in 2026, and they both hear the rumbling about shapiro and wes moore in 2028, both of who are literally better choices than gavin or gretch

there are not too many politicians who turn down presidential nominations :dead:

Unbothered

Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
this isn't true. trump '24 is the most beatable candidate the dems will face in this century, and nothing is guaranteed about 2028

there are not too many politicians who turn down presidential nominations :dead:
Trump isn't a great opponent but strange things can happen when you don't expect them to, you and others are assuming that every Dem voter will show up the same way regardless but there's no way to guarantee that.

None of us can tell the future.

Which is why it's risky... plus numerous articles have already stated how the Dems are 80% behind Kamala stepping up in the event Biden were to step down. Even the GOP is expecting Kamala to be the one if Biden withdraws.