Universal Healthcare (M4all): Italy’s government chooses if you live or die with/out the Coronavirus

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
blacks are the first option to get the plug pulled. Idk why y’all support that :mindblown:

there’s nothing subjective about it. They pull the plug on people who have the worst health and we have the worst health.

there’s no grey area there at all. It’s black or white, with black ppl losing.
It’s been proven that blacks receive worse care/diagnosis all things equal...
...not sure why brehs support handing full control to cacs

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Prevalence-of-co-morbidities-Elixhauser-comorbidities-by-race-ethnicity.png

Out of 10 comorbidities doctors look at.

African Americans are have the highest or second highest rate in 8 out of 10

Statistically we will be the first ones chosen to die either first or second 80% of the time :stopitslime:

Y’all nikkas dumb as fukk I swear. :snoop:

And you said I was baiting you. Vote for your family to get chosen to die first brehs :pacspit:

Seems like it's Already happening in the current structure

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Most of that is due to surprise billing from my understanding. What Bernie didn’t tell y’all was surprise billing is still going to exist under m4all. He added the same backdoor excuse we already have now in the bill. Certain things for “medical necessity” won’t be covered.

On his website he lists “cosmetic surgery”. But the real list consists of thousands of different things.

He mentions surprise billing here: Eliminating Medical Debt

Also, what about testing? It seems countries with a single payer have been able to get testing more widely available.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
It's called triage and its a normal practice in medicine and disaster relief. Y'all will just say anything, won't you :dead:
I came here to post this.

OP thinks wounded soldiers in war are all getting treated alphabetically or something :mjlol:

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He mentions surprise billing here: Eliminating Medical Debt

Also, what about testing? It seems countries with a single payer have been able to get testing more widely available.

authoritarian single payer governments are definitely testing more ppl.

Italy has single payer and is still struggling with testing. SOuth Korea did very well and also has single payer. But the reason they’re doing so well is bc they incorporated authoritarian methods.

South Korea is also enforcing a law that grants the government wide authority to access data: CCTV footage, GPS tracking data from phones and cars, credit card transactions, immigration entry information, and other personal details of people confirmed to have an infectious disease.

The authorities can then make some of this public, so anyone who may have been exposed can get themselves - or their friends and family members - tested” How Italy, South Korea differ in tackling coronavirus outbreak

Western citizens will never agree to this.

imo it comes down to how democratic your government is.
After all of this settles down. This will be the biggest question ppl will debate. Should governments incorporate authoritarian methods if they think lives will be saved?

It’ll be a great debate.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
in a completely general sense, i would hope that they DO prioritize 25 year olds over 65 year olds if it comes down to it :dahell: thats continuation of society status

Exactly, that would be the smart thing to do. More a 25 yo can offer humanity than a 65 yo

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I came here to post this.

OP thinks wounded soldiers in war are all getting treated alphabetically or something :mjlol:

nikkas be having dreams about trying to argue against M4A :laff:

what italy is doing is a step past what most of y’all are talking about.

if 10 ppl are in a car wreck and the hospital only has 8 beds, with5 available beds they’ll help the people who have a better chance of surviving. So 5 ppl get beds.

Italy is taking this further than what most Americans think about when thinking about this issue.

if 10 ppl come in and they have 8 beds with 5 available.

Italy is pulling the plug on 2 ppl already being cared for, so 7 ppl can be taken care of.

even in the wiki definition and types of triage, what italy is doing isn’t even listed Triage - Wikipedia

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
what italy is doing is a step past what most of y’all are talking about.

if 10 ppl are in a car wreck and the hospital only has 8 beds, with5 available beds they’ll help the people who have a better chance of surviving. So 5 ppl get beds.

Italy is taking this further than what most Americans think about when thinking about this issue.

if 10 ppl come in and they have 8 beds with 5 available.

Italy is pulling the plug on 2 ppl already being cared for, so 7 ppl can be taken care of.

even in the wiki definition and types of triage, what italy is doing isn’t even listed Triage - Wikipedia
Fam, no amount of private healthcare will fix the fact that theres still a crisis of access to care.

In fact it would be worse since private hospitals tend to try and reduce the amount of resources they have to make money.

are you really this slow?

F K

All Star
Daps
if I had a family member who was getting their plug pulled just bc they’re in the icu. I’m taking them somewhere else bc I have the choice to do that.

How the fukk you going to kill my 65 year old black aunt bc some 25 year old white women needs the bed?

fukk outta here with that bullshyt. Ain’t no way I’m agreeing with that. And that example isn’t some crazy scenario. Y’all know that’s exactly how it will go down in Amerikkka.
NPR Choice page :dwillhuh:. Italy's problem's have nothing to do with single payer.