Uncut Gems | Discussion Thread

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Howard been not paying dude since the beginning of the movie. Even tho he won there was no reason to believe they would get paid. Plus Howard had the nerves to lock him in that tiny vestibule for an entire basketball game?! Dude was sick of him and just went the robbery murder game route.
I KNEW some shyt was going to do down in those last minutes. There were dark, brooding undertones all throughout the film that told me that there was only one ending for Sandler's character.

I might have to revise my top 10 films of the decade after this. Absolute gem of a movie. :smugfavre:

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Questions:

Why didn't Howard make any money off the $190K the gem was auctioned for? He could have used his uncle's $190K to pay off his debts and then made the bet on Game 7, pay his uncle back and still come out rich with the gem.

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
I KNEW some shyt was going to do down in those last minutes. There were dark, brooding undertones all throughout the film that told me that there was only one ending for Sandler's character.

I might have to revise my top 10 films of the decade after this. Absolute gem of a movie. :smugfavre:
As soon as I saw that goons face when Howard opened the door :demonic: I said out loud “they gonna kill him anyway”

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Questions:

Why didn't Howard make any money off the $190K the gem was auctioned for? He could have used his uncle's $190K to pay off his debts and then made the bet on Game 7, pay his uncle back and still come out rich with the gem.
You are missing the point. Howard is a degenerate gambler who makes very bad decisions due to his gambling addiction. Doing the smart or right thing just isn't in the equation. He lives for the adrenaline fukk everything else, his family, friends, business partners, even enemies are all not important in comparison.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

I don't really do lists especially hard ones like that but this is the best movie I have seen in theaters in a very long time. Howard Ratner is the best main character ever, he ranks with the best.

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Questions:

The bet wouldn't have worked because KG didn’t have the gem, and would’ve probably played horribly (at least that’s what the film wanted to convey), which would’ve left Howard in even more debt and probably dead because he still owed the money to Arno. He got the inspiration for the 3 way parlay after selling it to KG and seeing the over/under line

Last edited:

1-8-7-Skillz

Superstar
Daps
Is this really THAT good ? :whoo:
I fukk with Adam Sandler but he has released so much bullshyt in his career that im mostly expecting another one of those unfortunately :mjcry:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
I liked it but idk how y’all say It’s “off the chain” and stuff like that. It was mostly a lot of cursing and hollering as far as dialogue goes. Idk I guess I just don’t be seeing what y’all see when it comes to these directors movies. I thought their other one was just solid as well. It was better than this one though. Some stuff was kinda pointless. The whole thing with the weekend was :dahell:. I’d give it a 7/10. had to deduct half a point since they decided to not get ol girl naked at any point in the flick :stopitslime:

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I liked it but idk how y’all say It’s “off the chain” and stuff like that. It was mostly a lot of cursing and hollering as far as dialogue goes. Idk I guess I just don’t be seeing what y’all see when it comes to these directors movies. I thought their other one was just solid as well. It was better than this one though. Some stuff was kinda pointless. The whole thing with the weekend was :dahell:. I’d give it a 7/10 had to deduct half a point since they decided to not get ol girl naked at any point in the flick :stopitslime:
I hear you, it wasn't an eloquent movie at all but I think that adds to the realism. 7-7.5 is still a good review tho.
I think The Weekens part was just hey this famous singer is willing to be in our movie let's use him. lol
It set up the conflict between Howard and his mistress that they then can reconcile from. And gave dude a comparison point to his wife. She was willing to ride or die while his wife wasn't. lol

Last edited:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas

that American Beauty ringtone kinda gave away the ending of the movie too, lol.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
I hear you, it wasn't an eloquent movie at all but I think that adds to the realism. 7-7.5 is still a good review tho.
I think The Weekens part was just hey this famous singer is willing to be in our movie let's use him. lol
It set up the conflict between Howard and his mistress that they then can reconcile from. And gave dude a comparison point to his wife. She was willing to ride or die while his wife wasn't. lol
Yea it was a solid flick but dudes talking bout changing their list for best movies of the decade for this :dahell: I mean whatever floats your boat but that’s wild to me.
That’s the thing though. His mistress wasn’t significant enough to just make a conflict for. In the grand scheme of things she meant nothing really.
Which is another reason why I’m like “why this bish ain’t get naked :mindblown:” Not even a bare ass shot :snoop:

Last edited: