Uncut Gems | Discussion Thread

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yea it was a solid flick but dudes talking bout changing their list for best movies of the decade for this :dahell: I mean what’s ever floats your boat but that’s wild to me.
That’s the thing though. His mistress wasn’t significant enough to just make a conflict for. In the grand scheme of things she meant nothing really.
Which is another reason why I’m like “why this bish ain’t get naked :mindblown:” Not even a bare ass shot :snoop:
There are stills if her topless online if you want to see her that badly. lol

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Jonah would have been too young for the role. I can really only see Howard as a middle aged guy.

Safdies were also talking to Sacha Baron Cohen for the role at one point. He does look somewhat similar to Sandler but I dunno if he could pull off a New Yorker.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Jonah would have been too young for the role. I can really only see Howard as a middle aged guy.

Safdies were also talking to Sacha Baron Cohen for the role at one point. He does look somewhat similar to Sandler but I dunno if he could pull off a New Yorker.
Wow, I would have preferred Sacha over Jonah but Sandler is Howard Ratner.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Saw it TWICE last night. The whole pace of this movie is incredible. I don’t know what the lingo compared to my film brehs. But damn!! And KG was great too.
My wiz is going Christmas shopping tonight so I think I'm going to do a Uncut Gems/Good Time double feature tonight.
My bit.torrent flow worked for this movie. Been very spotty the last year or so. lol

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I liked it but idk how y’all say It’s “off the chain” and stuff like that. It was mostly a lot of cursing and hollering as far as dialogue goes. Idk I guess I just don’t be seeing what y’all see when it comes to these directors movies. I thought their other one was just solid as well. It was better than this one though. Some stuff was kinda pointless. The whole thing with the weekend was :dahell:. I’d give it a 7/10. had to deduct half a point since they decided to not get ol girl naked at any point in the flick :stopitslime:
Boy, you thought Bodied was a good movie. Sit down :rudy:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I liked it but idk how y’all say It’s “off the chain” and stuff like that. It was mostly a lot of cursing and hollering as far as dialogue goes. Idk I guess I just don’t be seeing what y’all see when it comes to these directors movies. I thought their other one was just solid as well. It was better than this one though. Some stuff was kinda pointless. The whole thing with the weekend was :dahell:. I’d give it a 7/10. had to deduct half a point since they decided to not get ol girl naked at any point in the flick :stopitslime:
yeah, it's not really an amazing film but it's good.