Uncut Gems | Discussion Thread

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
When he made the last bet on KG the entire audience growned. lol

your post on when the door wouldn't unlock actually made me post that... I was on edge with all the shyt going on, lakeith banging on the door, the jeweler being a lil slow to bring the toolbox out, EVERYTHING.:russ:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
This movie doesn't work without Sandler or actor without his charisma/likable. Cause his character was easy to hate, but you wanna see Sandler win.
And he absolutely had it coming but after he won the bet, you forget all about dude in the box flashing the gun on him earlier and straight up saying "I've got something for you" :wow:

Howard been not paying dude since the beginning of the movie. Even tho he won there was no reason to believe they would get paid. Plus Howard had the nerves to lock him in that tiny vestibule for an entire basketball game?! Dude was sick of him and just went the robbery murder game route.
I'm trying to think of another way it could have went? Maybe wait till old girl shows up with the money? Hands it to them (probably taxes him)? Idk, but damn

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
This movie doesn't work without Sandler or actor without his charisma/likable. Cause his character was easy to hate, but you wanna see Sandler win.

I'm trying to think of another way it could have went? Maybe wait till old girl shows up with the money? Hands it to them (probably taxes him)? Idk, but damn

the sadfie brothers were in attendance at the screening I went to and had a Q&A.

They said they had like a hundred endings, and virtually every single one ended with Howard dying. Only one where he lived, they said he was stabbed outside and we think he's dead, but in the ambulance he has a Tupac moment, flips off the camera.

They laughed, said it was a terrible/cheesy idea.:pachaha:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
the sadfie brothers were in attendance at the screening I went to and had a Q&A.

They said they had like a hundred endings, and virtually every single one ended with Howard dying. Only one where he lived, they said he was stabbed outside and we think he's dead, but in the ambulance he has a Tupac moment, flips off the camera.

They laughed, said it was a terrible/cheesy idea.:pachaha:
:pachaha:
Anybody ask why the other dude got killed? That was more shocking

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
This shyt was something else. Anxiety inducing to the nth degree, loud, chaotic. Every twist and turn was nail biting, the ending to one particular scene legit had me jump off my couch and pace around my living room like
lkrwtf.gif

I definitely need to see it again but off first watch, I fukk with it heavy. Sandler killed it, supporting cast did too. KG was shockingly great, Julia Fox, who I was expecting to just be a pretty face with no real acting chops, had a surprising amount of range and conviction. This movie was really, really good at taking otherwise unlikeable, undesirable people and somehow making you root for them. Howard was such a loud, annoying prick but I’ll be lying if I said I didn’t wanna see him pull it off. Great film, lived up to the hype for sure

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
:pachaha:
Anybody ask why the other dude got killed? That was more shocking

nah no one asked, but imo that one just made too much sense. They smoked his brother in law, and Arno reacted very poorly to seeing Howard getting killed. We basically saw the goons realize their true power after being constantly fukked with under Arno's orders.

Main goon played that tough guy role real well though, cause I fukkin hated him the absolute most man.:stopitslime::heh:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Crazy intense movie
that’s a cold ass ending to the movie man. I love how it went back to into the gem at the end. It was said in the beginning that this gem has seen all types of shyt since it’s been here for thousands of years and KG and Henry stories were just added pieces to the gems history
:wow:

Last edited: