Uncut Gems | Discussion Thread

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
Watched it for a 4th time. Yeah, Howard just disrespected the blonde goon one too many times. The goon asked him to call Julia to get her back to the shop he straight hung up the phone and after he locked him in that vestibule area Howard told him to shut up. After that and sitting on the floor in a cramped space for an entire basketball game dude had enough. He decided when the game started he was going to kill him. And what's funny is they were leaving and that wedge fell out of the door giving Howard the idea to lock them in there. If the wedge never fell they leave he wins the bet, pays them off when they are calmer and lives. Great movie.
yeah, I knew what it was gonna end like for him because dude had zero accountability of understanding of his recklessness. I can't blame him for bodying breh. He knew he would probably never see the money whether he was alive or dead. He would have just doubled up and pissed it away before paying his dues

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
can someone explain how much he owed Arno? I’m tryna figure out why he didn’t pay him back the numerous times he could’ve. Especially when Garnett gave him the $165k and they were on the way. I get dude was addicted but he was getting snuffed, running out of his kids play, etc. He was clearly scared.

Howard was annoying af the whole movie so I wasn’t mad at the end.
Because he was highly addicted to gambling breh. There is no logic for people like that.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Peeped this on netflix:

tenor.gif

The cinematography and overall vibe of the flick was dope, but lakeith stansfield's character seemed forced

Sandler didn't give an oscar worthy performance IMO, he did much better in punch drunk love

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
yeah, I knew what it was gonna end like for him because dude had zero accountability of understanding of his recklessness. I can't blame him for bodying breh. He knew he would probably never see the money whether he was alive or dead. He would have just doubled up and pissed it away before paying his dues

who in your avi ?

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Quick question couldn’t he just buzzed them back out instead of just in ?
Yes. But Howard isn't the brightest bulb in the socket. (Dude let Kevin Garnett take his prize possession as soon as he recieved it himself). He was elated he won big and thought they would think all is gravy too. He showed them who he was way before that. Granted he probably didn't expect dude to be a psychopathic killer either even tho they hung his ass out the window just a bit earlier. :manny:

TheKid55

All Star
Daps
Movie of the year :banderas:

Movie of the decade :blessed:

MOVIE OF THE fukkING GOD DAMN CENTURY :damn:

How good was this shyt?! :what:

I've never felt so anxious watching a movie and this shyt had me turnt like a mf'er! :gladbron:

Ending was perfect too. I'd have it no other way. Seriously, fukk those italian cac ass mobsters :pachaha:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
JULIA FOX MY NEW FAVORITE WHITE GIRL

THAT ASS SUPPOSEDLY REAL TOO

:whoo:
Don’t know why anyone would think it’s fake she got a really nice ass but nothing stupid like that, BBL’s are easy to tell too.

Def the baddest white girl we’ve seen in a movie in a minute.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I actually didn’t think Sander was that great boy did his thing but the crying scene was weak and the whole look he was trying to pull of with the Carti’s and beard just not what I’m used to :mjlol: