Uncut Gems | Discussion Thread

F K

All Star
Daps
There are two scenes that sum up why Howard deserved to die.

The first is when he first gets the opal and his employee is fed up and quits.
The second is when he asks his wife to take him back.
Howard got whacked because not only is he a scammer but he is a disrespectful one who treats the people around him like shyt.
He kept being rude to people, when it was not necessary and burned up all of his goodwill with everyone. If he had been a bit more considerate and played up a lovable loser angle he would still be alive.

Secondly, the amount of scumbaggery it takes to ask your wife to get back together knowing full well that you will run back to your side piece at the first possible chance is unbelievably callous and selfish.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Just caught this on Netflix. The first half or so was cool but the shyt became long winded. I was hoping it was about to be a lot trippier after that intro. Paused it fast as hell like I better get high for this shyt :whoo:

Howard bet one too many times :francis: I couldn't feel shyt for him at the end. I actually feel sorry for Arno, ironically enough. These dudes have already beat the shyt outta you, pulled up while you're with your family, stripped you butt ass naked and stuffed you in the trunk of your car... And you STILL fukkin around??? :mjtf:
Ibs4DQvzKhoB9uSa0wDXAzO2nqqbSl_GQxvACaY77ROlTstR0XyDfQ9ZaQWexpFgiPK-TIGUI1d4JbVAGQKOS1UCMo_axmGTPG2_t1H6BBMBK8IGFlB20Rb4JSM7YMI

I can't take a lot of the "pawgs" y'all go on about seriously but BREH. That sidepiece got some serious cake on her :whoo: Them pants she had at The Weeknd's show :mindblown: Doubt I'll ever watch this again

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Finally got to see this. Liked it alot. Sandler with the Buffs on through the whole movie :wow:

This might be the first film I seen that was about true blue gambling addiction without being preachy. And the best part is that dude's day-to-day life coulda been fine. But the addiction took a guy who set up his life pretty well and literally threw it all away for a bet.

The directorial choice to keep characters talking at the same time...it helped highlight Howard's anxiety and the viewer's. :wow:

His side chick was :whew: I'm watchin with my girl and even she was like :steviej:when she had that lingerie on.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Gotta be one of my favorite movies now
That scene in the end when he makes the bet with Garnett in the room gave me chills
This nikka really could not stop :russ:
Yeah I thought the movie was starting to run out of steam a little but then that shyt ramped it up like CRAZY. His face all bruised up and shyt but he's still going for it :wow: