Uncut Gems | Discussion Thread

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know about that.. they were stuck in that small space for 3 hours, you see them sweating their ass off.. they had had it with dude. This was after they let him slide a bunch of times because his brother in law. At the end of the day a goon gonna goon.. :manny:

He got a million from that win right?

So instead of waiting for the money they kill him and rob him.

But you dont hire goons as deep thinkers.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I turned this shyt off after the club scene with The Weeknd. It was all over the place and didn't make any sense. I understand what was going on with him and the collectors but it was just stupid how it was playing out. :yeshrug:

ADHD: The Movie

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
And it's unrealistic AF for a middle aged man to put his hands on a star (I know the Weeknd in 2012 wasn't the Weeknd now) and not get stomped out. Sandler's character should have got stomped out to add to the realism of the scene. Not just pushed out the club.

It's no wonder he kept seeing how far he could push people. He never got repercussion. Until the end of course lol
Breh, this is exactly why I turned it off right after that scene. I could only suspend my disbelief for so long.

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Movie was dope. And so was Julia Fox. That ass :noah:

I’ve only gone through the last few pages but I’m assuming someone already posted her Playboy pics from a few years back

Anyway only thing that bothered me were a few minor plot holes or errors in continuity. Main one that bothered me was the first time he bet on KG and he’s watching the game, it’s clearly on TNT, he goes up to put his boy to sleep and comes back down and tells his wife to change the channel to ESPN channel changes and it says TNT right there. I know it’s small but how does no one involved in the movie not say anything

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
He got a million from that win right?

So instead of waiting for the money they kill him and rob him.

But you dont hire goons as deep thinkers.
You can't trust that dude. Who's to say he doesn't turn around and bet that money again. Let alone believe he won anything in the first place.

Sometimes enough is enough. For a stone cold killer anyway.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
finally got around to this

extremely mediocre story

I like the supporting cast for the most part

I like their respective characters

the movie set a good vibe

but it was more style than substance

I think sandler did a mediocre job @ best and I think I’m being generous in saying that

his character and perhaps the movie overall would’ve resonated w/ me more if a better actor was cast in that role...I just found him (NOT the character) to be annoying/a bit of a nuisance...the scene were he was crying was a joke

I’ve seen lots of movies were characters were unlikeable but I was still able to develop some empathy for them but as a result of sandler’s performance I honestly felt none for this character...that ending should’ve hit me way harder than it did...despite the opinions of many ppl online (I haven’t read too many comments in this thread as yet) I can completely understand why he was overlooked for an oscar nomination...his performance did not merit one

alright cool...I needed to get that off my chest...overall movie was a 6.5-7 outta 10 imo

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sandler doesnt deserve an Oscar but if you compare him from all those twrrible movies he does.

ok...this comment makes a great deal of sense and I now understand why ppl (not directed @ you) were overrating his performance

in the “great scheme” of movies this was not a very good performance imo but yes compared to his other films it was a “masterpiece”

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
finally got around to this

extremely mediocre story

I like the supporting cast for the most part

I like their respective characters

the movie set a good vibe

but it was more style than substance

I think sandler did a mediocre job @ best and I think I’m being generous in saying that

his character and perhaps the movie overall would’ve resonated w/ me more if a better actor was cast in that role...I just found him (NOT the character) to be annoying/a bit of a nuisance...the scene were he was crying was a joke

I’ve seen lots of movies were characters were unlikeable but I was still able to develop some empathy for them but as a result of sandler’s performance I honestly felt none for this character...that ending should’ve hit me way harder than it did...despite the opinions of many ppl online (I haven’t read too many comments in this thread as yet) I can completely understand why he was overlooked for an oscar nomination...his performance did not merit one

alright cool...I needed to get that off my chest...overall movie was a 6.5-7 outta 10 imo

yeah the storyline was insane and why the fukk does Sandler’s character not have security at all times when he’s in the city if he can afford to maintain his main house with his family and his side bytch + the apartment.

Dude is out here selling fake Rollies, pawning other peoples jewelry on a consistent basis, owing people money yet the bad guys wait until the end to peel his cap back. Why bother waiting.

For a lot of this movie I felt myself trying to “focus” because shyt was all over the damn place. And how the fukk is KG going from Philly/Boston to NYC in the middle of the playoffs to randomly buy jewelry and shyt. It could’ve waited.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
^^^ ya it was one of those movies that tries more so to be “cool” than anything else and it was to an extent but the story just wasn’t that solid and a bit silly in premise...there are “answers” to those questions but some of them just aren’t plausible...the KG shyt as far as what you asked I can somewhat see happening tho