Uncut Gems | Discussion Thread

Somebody

All Star
Daps
Amazing movie. Definitely better than the Irishman

Please don’t say that. For some reason I’ve been saving it. U can’t have al, bob, joe, and marty in the same place being outdone by Adam.

But when I watched their interview together about it, they seem uninspired.

I remember learning about Shakespeare in school. He did the puns and cheap shyt at the start. Then went on to the heavy literary stuff for the affluent portion of the audience to appreciate.

I feel like whoever does both well is gonna do somn special.

Gems has this reality tv charm to it. Marty is always on some high cinema shyt.

I’m waiting for somebody to really update his style of directing.

The Big Short is a step in the right direction.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
because it was fat paced, had contemporary setting/characters etc.

is that right?

irishman was a finesse film making.
Also, it didn't end with a boring hour about what exactly? A man getting old and afraid to admit to his kids and priest who he was? I liked the movie but it was utterly boring and pointless after Hoffa died. And the message seems to be feel sorry for a cold blooded murderer or something. Not my cup o tea. Pretty self-indulgent by the screen writer/director.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Also, it didn't end with a boring hour about what exactly? A man getting old and afraid to admit to his kids and priest who he was? I liked the movie but it was utterly boring and pointless after Hoffa died. And the message seems to be feel sorry for a cold blooded murderer or something. Not my cup o tea. Pretty self-indulgent by the screen writer/director.
and in uncut gems what did we get?

this film was well made but the entire premise was about a damn Ethiopian rock and garnet's ring..

simple adventure for today's veining..i loved it but i do not watch it again./