Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
source.gif

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Saw this yesterday and without reading the takes in here, here is my take...

So, the movie was just chaotic with the constant screaming. Kinda hated that aspect. You dont really get a clear picture of why he owes so many people. You just KNOW that he does. I went into the movie thinking Sandler was gonna be some great hustler type character when really he was just a store owner with a huge gambling problem..lol

Garnett's role and plot was just so random..lol

The end is what saved the movie from being trash. very unexpected, and it actually made me like the movie overall..

I'd watch again just to see if I missed anything.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You dont really get a clear picture of why he owes so many people.
Because

I went into the movie thinking Sandler was gonna be some great hustler type character when really he was just a store owner with a huge gambling problem..lol

KG lets him hold his ring in exchange for the stone, first thing he does is pawn it, take the money and then puts it all on a huge bet.

He later gets 165k for the stone, instead of paying the guy his 100k back, he bets it all.

When he gets money, instead of paying it back, he either bets it or spends it on shyt like concerts or resurfacing his pool.

He’s got a side chick in her 20s he’s paying the rent for a big ass apartment in NYC and is likely buying her clothes and taking her out.

Last edited:

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It has an unlikeable lead character, a lot of characters screaming/yelling and
an unhappy ending
so it makes sense why general audiences don't fukk with it

My girl didn't like it because it stressed her out lol. It's a stressful movie to sit through but that was the exact reason why I loved it
didnt' like it for unecessary yelling over each other throughout the movie