Uncut Gems | Discussion Thread

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Odd choice to place this movie during Christmas time lol this isn’t a feel good movie, it’s intense and hard to watch at points but it’s also the same reason why I liked it. Pulls no punches from beginning to end with great performances from everyone, I do wish Lakeith’s character was in it more though. Ending was stunning but appropriate given how out of control Howard’s gambling had become. One of the best of 2019 for me and Sandler is deserving of all the praise he has received.
Reminds me of when girl with the dragon tattoo remake came out around the same time

hjnm

All Star
Daps
Good movie but holy fukk Julia Fox :wow: :wow: jesus christ I gotta go get the demon out of me. Some woman brought her 7ish year old daughter with her sitting two seats next to me while a PAWG is flicking her bean on screen :beli:

Some dude behind me was like "gatdamn" when she revealed the lingerie, I turned around and he gave a head nod like he knew I was thinking the same. :handshake:

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
They fukk up the marketing by talking about the Furby too much I was out and if it wasn’t for the Bill Simms podcast with KG and Mr.Sandler I never would have seen it in the theater

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
Last 30-40 mins made this worth watching.

shyt was mostly flat before that.

A solid 6.5/10

When homie was walking out when the money at the end, I expected them to show ole girl in the hotel room dead.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
This is the best Basketball movie of the decade (I'm counting it) and possibly my favorite ever*... if you don't count the GOD Baseketball.

*it's a garbage genre. I'll take Space Jam over just about any dramatic BBall film. I admit to have never seen He Got Game, and I don't really care much about movies like Above the Rim or He Got Game. I'd watch White Men Can't Jump over those any day. I loved Blue Chips as a kid though.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
This is the best Basketball movie of the decade (I'm counting it) and possibly my favorite ever*... if you don't count the GOD Baseketball.

*it's a garbage genre. I'll take Space Jam over just about any dramatic BBall film. I admit to have never seen He Got Game, and I don't really care much about movies like Above the Rim or He Got Game. I'd watch White Men Can't Jump over those any day. I loved Blue Chips as a kid though.
What's wrong with watching Above the Rim and He Got Game? :heh:

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Last edited:

Somebody

All Star
Daps
Audience friendly movie. Would have enjoyed it more if I saw it in theaters.

But I’m skeptical of movies that depend on mass reactions like get out.

It’s built for conversation more than being watchable.

Great movie to have on in the background tho. One of those movies that wants u to feel like it’s pulling back the curtains but does it without showing u the glamorous yet mundane parts that are difficult to translate into cinema.

I kind of felt disappointed when I realized the most pressed I was in the movie was the end watching KG ball in the playoffs.

As I was out my seat watching KG ball out, I realized that that’s how I am watching basketball regularly. I can’t sit down during tight late game situations.

I’m not asking for a movie to do for me what basketball does for me, but if basketball footage is the climax of your film, then it has no climax.

The foreshadowing was way too literal.

When KG and his crew got locked in the box, I thought to myself, if this doesn’t come back later, it’s the most pointless scene I ever saw. So when it came back, I felt like I was being repaid a debt more than shocked by repetition.

Ending was ass given the cheap ass climax.

Last edited: