Uncut Gems | Discussion Thread

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I really wanted to like this movie but it was wack to me. It started off strong in the store but then it got wack acting wise imo.

KG did his thing in this movie and he seemed authentic (he is pretty much playing his sefl) and Julia's Fox body:ohlawd: but for me something was missing. Great character selection though and I liked the ending in the store but this movie gets a 3/10 for me

Daps
Reppin
Chi
I really wanted to like this movie but it was wack to me. It started off strong in the store but then it got wack acting wise imo.

KG did his thing in this movie and he seemed authentic (he is pretty much playing his sefl) and Julia's Fox body:ohlawd: but for me something was missing. Great character selection though and I liked the ending in the store but this movie gets a 3/10 for me

harsh critic...watch it with my pops and lil bro and they both thought it sucked. I was disappointed but I thought it was decent. I’ll probably never watch it again tho.

The potential was there for a much more fast paced and unique film but instead we get a 6 min scene of Adam Sandler masturbating in a closet :francis:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
harsh critic...watch it with my pops and lil bro and they both thought it sucked. I was disappointed but I thought it was decent. I’ll probably never watch it again tho.

The potential was there for a much more fast paced and unique film but instead we get a 6 min scene of Adam Sandler masturbating in a closet :francis:
He wasn't the only one masturbating on that scene. :shaq:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I can't decide if this was a great movie or not. Sandler's performance was excellent, but there really is no reason for the movie to be that long. At some point it really is telling the same story over and over again, even though the pacing is good. I get Wolf of Wall Street vibes, which I have no desire to ever watch again.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
I can't decide if this was a great movie or not. Sandler's performance was excellent, but there really is no reason for the movie to be that long. At some point it really is telling the same story over and over again, even though the pacing is good. I get Wolf of Wall Street vibes, which I have no desire to ever watch again.

breh Wolf of Wall Street is 10x the movie that Uncut Gems is trying to be

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
The best movie to compare this too is mean streets, and the ending fits it. Its all about a degenerate who finally pushes somebody too far.

The ending surprised me but looking back the signs for it was there throughout the movie. Everybody caught up in the game and nobody is thinking straight.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
The best movie to compare this too is mean streets, and the ending fits it. Its all about a degenerate who finally pushes somebody too far.

The ending surprised me but looking back the signs for it was there throughout the movie. Everybody caught up in the game and nobody is thinking straight.

Good comparison...and I also got After Hours vibes from it as well.

Funny that that's another Scorcese film. :laugh: